Page 1 of 3
What band do you think has the most unintelligable vocal style imaginable, something that even if you read the lyrics while listening to the song a thousand times over, you still couldn't understand what in the world they were saying.

(Note: I probably mis-spelled "unintelligable", don't grammar nazi me )
I would have to say gutterals. I like them, but it's hard to understand the lyrics that a band like Devourment or Gutteral Secrete writes.
Quote by IronMaiden5
I would have to say gutterals. I like them, but it's hard to understand the lyrics that a band like Devourment or Gutteral Secrete writes.

Obviously, but which band do you think has the most unintelligable gutterals?

That should be the question I put up there.. I couldn't word it right xD.. I need sleep .
Quote by destroy_techno
Akercocke's lows

Or Torso**** in general

I still like 'em.

Jason can do no wrong, plus he calls them "dog vocals" so that's a comedic plus.

For me - Disgorge and Cryptopsy (Worm)

Both are just -

Hurgh Yuah Hur-hurah Yucka Yuuuuuuu
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Alot of grind-esque bands are more or less incomprehensible. Gutteral secrete and Circle of dead children for example. One the death metal side, I can think of two off the top of my head. First is Barnes era Cannibal Corpse. Second, and definitely the most incomprehensible non-gutteral growls i've ever hear is Iniquity.

edit: Forgot cryptopsy with Worm. I bet the lyrics were written after the vocal tracks were recorded in some cases.
Demilich.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
+1 to cryptopsy
try listening to some songs off none so vile with lyrics in front of you
youll have a hard time keeping up
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by Slaytanic1993

Both are just -

+1 to Worm. He was good, but you couldn't understand anything that he growled.
Anything by Lord Worm. The lyrics don't matter. Also, Obituary, because John Tardy is too brutal for lyrics. And, of course Brodequin (wtf?).
I've found Jesus
Quote by Slaytanic1993
I still like 'em.

Jason can do no wrong, plus he calls them "dog vocals" so that's a comedic plus.

Both are just -

I like em too, but totally unintelligible

+1 on Wormy, but I also like him >_>
Quote by destroy_techno
I like em too, but totally unintelligible

+1 on Wormy, but I also like him >_>

I don't like Worm.

But, Jason...I forgive him because his screeches are great and his cleans...are...

Fabulous.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
And Karl Sanders from Nile has awesome lows, but you can't understand them at all. I missed his vocals on Ithyphallic. He didn't do hardly any.
I find rap more unintelligible then most death metal and allot of grind in all honesty. Reek era Carcass was pretty hard to make out though.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

That's the only thing I dn't like about Ithyphallic.

Oh, and I forgot Bill Steer.

His vocals on songs like Psychopathologist are just...

Monotonous drivel.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993

Monotonous drivel.

The best kind of vocals their is.
Quote by Steve08

Read my below smiley

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Read my below smiley

Ohh i know, i am not being argumentative. Just supporting your point.
Quote by Steve08

Ahh, okay den.

Quote by eggsandham2
Brutal DM Frog or similar Vox are too brutal to be processed by the mortal brain. They have their use within the context of the Music, but that use certainly isn't to relay lyrics

Them, and Wormy "Dog Vocals" describes him well too.
Psycroptic. That vocalist rocks but I dont understand a word hes saying.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
^Yeah he usually just sounds like hes going WAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO WAHOOOOOOOOO
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Lord Worm era Cryptopsy, Devourment, Disgorge, and effing Wormed. Can't understand one ****in thing they say
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by Sadistic sponge
Alot of grind-esque bands are more or less incomprehensible. Gutteral secrete and Circle of dead children for example. One the death metal side, I can think of two off the top of my head. First is Barnes era Cannibal Corpse. Second, and definitely the most incomprehensible non-gutteral growls i've ever hear is Iniquity.

edit: Forgot cryptopsy with Worm. I bet the lyrics were written after the vocal tracks were recorded in some cases.

Gutteral Secrete is brutal death and Barnes is really understandable. You can pretty much catch every word.

As for the most unintelligible: Cryptopsy (worm era), Xasthur (malefic), Waking the Cadaver (if you haven't watched this yet, do it now: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uCBSX0XDSVI. Worst annunciation....and the music sucks too.), Despondency (or pretty much any band that pig squeals) and **** and Ball Torture / The Day Everything Became Nothing.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat

Anyone with a sense of good music should stay far away from this link.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Anyone with a sense of good music should stay far away from this link.

d00d are you dissing my favorite band!?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Yeh, I iz.

Wanna take it to teh pitz?

*CHUG...

Quote by eggsandham2
Page 1 of 3