Alright, as I have no experience with woodworking and no woodworking equipment at my disposal, I decided to do this the noob's way and just buy the parts 'n assemble them:

1 Mighty Mite MM2900 Rosewood Strat neck, 22 frets, 9.5in radius
1 Mighty Mite mm2700 Ash Strat body, HSH routed, white finish
1 tortoise shell pickguard
White controls

Seymour Duncan pups:
a Custom 5 SH-14 in the bridge, a Custom Staggered SSL-5 in the middle, and a Vintage Flat SSL-2 in the neck.

should end up looking something like this:
http://www.georgiepie.com/e-profile/strat62.JPG

but with a little more beef and versatility.

Funding the project with a job this summer. Should run me about 85 USD for the neck, 125 for the body, 150 for the pups, 50 for some half decent locking tuners, 50 for a half decent hardtail bridge, and I'm guessing in the range of 50 for shipping.

What do you guys think? Or should I just buy a MIM Strat and upgrade the pickups?
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
if you give me time i could sell you a body , bridge, controls and pick guard for less but i wont be sure i have it for sell until Tuesday :S im going to buy a beat up strat for the pups/electronics and neck to build a mustang

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Last edited by Nagashiro at Jun 13, 2008,
I'm actually broke right now :/

this is just speculation, I will start buying parts one by one once I get a steady paycheck (which should be in about two weeks)
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
dude, make it all yourself. Neck and all. As long as you have access to a band saw, router and electric sander... your set! Well you need some clamps, but those are small things. If you don't and wanna be conservative... then go for it!
yes I do. It's not that hard. Make a template, trace, cut. No biggie. If I did it my first time 'round... I am sure others can too! Mine was 3 pieces even. You could do a 1 piece or OAR as some call it. It'd be lovely for sustain and a bit different as most fenders are bolt ons