Hey guys, just looking for opinions, what do you think of the Green Screamer by BBE? I want to use it as a boost, but I'll also use it for bluesy overdrive.

I play it in a metal band, and I want to use it as a boost for my solos, will it work like that? What other ODs would you recommend? I've only heard bluesy clips of it, which is to be expected, but yeah, tell me your thoughts.

Thanks in advance
If you have a tube amp it will work if you set the level to 10 and the gain to 0. For bluesy stuff it works on the clean channel with a little gain and the level set a bit lower than full.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
its pretty much a tubescreamer if memory serves me correct.
it is perfect for everything you want it for.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man

If he got a tube amp. If not then the boosting will fail miserably and the blues sound will half work.
I don't have a tube amp yet.. but I'm basically buying it when the amp arrives in September. So what other ODs do you recommend? Maybe like an EHX LPB-1?
Quote by chea_man

ya. i think it's an 808 clone.
Even for an SS for the time being? Like, would it work at least for boosting? The bluesy overdrive doesn't matter for my SS amp, just my tuber.
It would just make it sound like ****. The boosting works because tubes sound good when they clip. The boost will just make your preamp clip and that will not sound good on a SS.
Quote by digger35
Even for an SS for the time being? Like, would it work at least for boosting? The bluesy overdrive doesn't matter for my SS amp, just my tuber.

i would just wait until you get your tube.
Fair enough, I'll just buy it, cause it's too good a deal to pass up. I'll just have to be patient. Thanks guys.
Just to clarify before I buy, a pedal from the states will work in Australia right?
I don't know about the power supply, though any 9 volt adapter should work.