Is this amp any good Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 , will it sound digital like all the other line 6 products. I was think about getting this with a marshall 1960 cab
It's better than the standard Spiders. Hell, I just got an original Flextone, and that's better than the Spider III tone wise. It doesn't make me forget about tube amps, but it sure makes me forget the SIII.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
you could do something completely crazy and try it out
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by Rushfan2121
i can never hear the full potencial of the amp in a guitar shop

Go early when there isn't many people there, and ask if you can crank to test it's capabilities. If you act serious about it, and they think you'll buy, you'd be surprised at how much you can get away with, volume wise.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
you made a thread earlier that said you have $2500 for an amp and you want killer distortion and you're considering this?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Its got tubes but yea its still running thru the same modeller as the regular spider.
Vetta is different league than other Line6 amplifiers, if Line6 then only Flextone or Vetta, Spider Valve doesn't sound much like valve amp to be honest
Quote by Tackleberry
Its got tubes but yea its still running thru the same modeller as the regular spider.

no it isn't. the only thing it has in common with the regular spider is the control panel, and it has "spider" in the name. I think the modelling is a few patches taken from the Pod XT. If they released the exact same amp but with a different name, people wouldn't make up stuff like that. It's still not much different from running a Pod XT into the FX return of a tube amp, though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Its the same thing as a Spider 3 but with tube circuitry and tone. 2 5881 (6l6) power tubes, and 2 12ax7 in the 2x12 combo , thats what i have. I love it, wouldnt trade it for anything else, I have a boatload of tones and money left over to spend on pther stuff instead of dropping 1600.00 for a mesa half stack and all you have is distortion and a ****ty clean tone...
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
you made a thread earlier that said you have $2500 for an amp and you want killer distortion and you're considering this?

Nobody has given me any good recommendations
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx

Quote by Rushfan2121

i gave you 3, theres a ton more.
just go to a store and try everything.
after hearing widsen's nitro clips, i'd buy it with out even touching the thing first, if only i had the money...
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by Rushfan2121

This page: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/tube-guitar-combo-amps?N=100001+338503+15

And all the page that follows it are full of good recommendations, as long as you pick the right amp for your tonal tastes and the type of music you play you cannot pick a bad amp from this bunch. Seriously.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Blompcube I guess the line6 site is incorrect when they say they merge the modelling of the spider with tubes. If you look at the specs on their site they have simply taken the digital modelling part of a spider and put it in a tube amp. Hence the name of the amp SPIDER valve. And yes a company would do exactly that change a minor feature and pretend its new.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
as long as you pick the right amp [snip] you cannot pick a bad amp

...well duh. He can still pick a bad amp from that page if it's totally unsuited to his tastes.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
...well duh. He can still pick a bad amp from that page if it's totally unsuited to his tastes.

Misquotes FTW!

Seriously, there is an amp on that page for everyone, all you have to do is pick the right one and you should be set for a very large part of your guitar playing career, if not all of it.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Misquotes FTW!

Seriously, there is an amp on that page for everyone, all you have to do is pick the right one and you should be set for a very large part of your guitar playing career, if not all of it.

My point was, that you didn't actually help him at all. Yes, there's probably the perfect amp for him on that page, but saying "get a tube amp" doesn't really help him that much.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
My point was, that you didn't actually help him at all. Yes, there's probably the perfect amp for him on that page, but saying "get a tube amp" doesn't really help him that much.

I'm sure he got plenty of good recommendations in the other thread he apparently had and anyway, people need to learn to do their own research these days.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.