What is the best overall brand of electric guitars? I no gibson is good, but they only make a few guitars (not including semi hollow or basses, im talking about solid body electrics). Fender, or Paul Reed Smith would prob be my choice.
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
if you're talking mass market manufacturer and strictly on quality rickenbacker would be the winner.

Fender builds total crap. I have a couple CS Fenders that are ok, but I have some off the line GMP guitars that blow them away. I also have some older Fenders that are much better.

I'm talking build quality and sound here.

I honestly would never buy a new non-CS Fender.

I was in a GC recently and tried a bunch of new Fenders and couldn't find one that didn't feal cheap and toy like when compared to what the older ones and the cs models are like.

I had a PRS - well made but didn't do it for me. I guess that doesn't matter if you're talking "quality" it was made very well.
stupid pointless thread is pointless
*reported*
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG
stupid pointless thread is pointless
*reported*

Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by Freshnoise
Ibanez is a good brand if you want a lot of bang for your buck I think.

yea i own one, and there pretty good. The only thing is i dont no much about them.
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
Schecters and some Jackson's
I like some Peaveys, too.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
I'll say Gretsch guitars + Rickenbacker basses = Mega Win.

I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Freshnoise
Ibanez is a good brand if you want a lot of bang for your buck I think.

+1
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
All in my opinion of course... Also, SWEEPING GENERALIZATIONS

PRS = Fantastic, Gibson-esque guitars (beautiful too)
Fender = I like the feel of many Fenders (strats) but hardly ever the sound.
Gibson = Overpriced, but still wonderful (I find the necks sometimes too thick)
ESP = Great feel, sometimes the sound quality lacks in some models.
Schecter = Same as above, but with a much better price tag. (Too much 'image' too)
Ibanez = A lot of variation, sometimes overpriced, sometimes perfect.
Dean = I've played on Dean that I liked... the rest are ****ing stupid.
B.C. Rich = No thanks.
Jackson = Sometimes cheap sounding but usually very, very nice.
Washburn = Often complete garbage, but a few simple models have been amazing
Parker = Never tried one, but they look interesting?
Yamaha = Nicer models are great! Cheaper models are yuck!
Quote by Chris_Parker
I'll say Gretsch guitars

+1
Quote by LeftyDave
Do they still make "Scratch-n-sniff" stickers? That'd be kewl, and if you get bored with playing, you can just smell your guitar. lol
ass yaasdfasdf/QUOTE]
Quote by vmanoman
Alembic. By a wide margin over any other guitar I've every played.

About Fenders ... they're great guitars for the money for just the stock americans.
Very comfy to play and it's pretty much a no-frills design. The Custom Shop stuff...
unless you just like burning money, I'd avoid them. You can get some REALLY nice
guitars for that kind of money. I have a masterbuilt strat. Nice, but nothing
special about it. Fender's also real fond of "authentic cosmetic trashing" of thier
really expensive stuff. fake fake fake. I hate fake.
I want to sell my Aria bass now because the OP has an acoustic Aria.
BrbCraigslist.
I like rap, feel free to use that as an argument against me.
Hmmm... Rickenbacker and PRS Would be mine... cos my daddy owns a PRS Santana! xD
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
I would vote for ESP and Edwards (ESP Japan)
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Well the obvious two would be Fender and Gibson, but obviously both have their downsides. I've never played a Ric, but for looks they are beautiful, and I've heard they are very well built. But the Gibson ES-335 is probably the nicest (feel, sound quality, comfortable-ness) guitar I've ever played. But yeah, it has downsides :\ overpriced, necks a bit too fat etc. Asides from that, Strats are very comfortable.

Anyway, there is no "best" brand, because each has it's downsides, and different guitars and suited to different people

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
It's all subjective. It depends on the person, the style, the sound and feel you're looking for...

Anyway, for me it's PRS. The Custom 24 is absolutely perfect for me. I'll have to get the money first, though :P
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Hagstrom has the best bang for buck. BETTER THAN IBANEZ.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
I really like Ibanez. They play better for me than other brands I've tried. Second....I'd say Jackson or Dean.
For me, nothing beats a Dean. I have NEVER played a Les Paul that I liked, I absolutely hate them. I've tried many others also; I've played pretty much every guitar in my guitar center and other shops, along with my friends' guitars, and nothing suits me as perfectly as my Dean. From the lightning fast neck to the Grover tuners, the flawless Floyd Rose, and just the total image of the huge ML bodystyle (I'm a pretty big guy so it suits me.) I've never had any trouble out of either of mine, and I've loved every one I've ever played.
Completely pointless thread. Most guitar brands are good, you get what you pay for. If you pay cheap then your going to get a cheap guitar, as simple as that.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Agile <3

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by jigy-i-joe
Hagstrom has the best bang for buck. BETTER THAN IBANEZ.

+7
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp
-----------------

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

Pedals
------------------

Line 6 DL-4

Boss TU-2
Technically there can be no best because even if a company makes really good guitars, all companies make the cheap guitars which are bad quality. I guess some of them make better quality cheap guitars than the other but really they are the same.

My vote would be(in no specific order) ESP and Jackson.
Parker= Fantastic, all of them.
ESP= Incredible, as long as you dont buy any of the LTD models that have a model number lower than 400 ex. EC-50
Gibson= Really can't go wrong with a gibson. Sometimes have really thick necks, but the SGs are fairly thin
Jackson= WAY Overrated IMO. They sound decent but play like garbage compared to other brands. The Ibanez RGEX1 felt better than the Jackson SL2H
Ibanez= People say the low end ones are junk, but for junk, they're the ****ing best. The higher end ones have great necks and great trems, but the sound is lacking
Fender= Kinda gone downhill recently. But nothing is quite like a strat, although everything tries to be.
PRS= Same as fender- gone downhill. Way overpriced, more overpriced than gibsons
Carvin= FANTASTIC feel, although you may want to replace the pickups. the carvins can be a little thin. Look great too. ALL CUSTOM SHOP which is really cool. Also factory direct, so it cuts out the middle man (i.e. Guitar Center) that jacks up the price a couple hundred bucks.
Dean= Some are total garbage, some are fantastic. Lets take the razorback- awesome neck- but ****ty licensed floyd and only one nice pickup.

But this is just My Opinion. Feel free to disagree
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
There's no such thing as "the best guitar brand"!
There's only personal preferences and overall quality differences within each individual brand!

I myself prefer ESP and Schecter, though I dream of custom build BC Rich Warlock's.....

I guess this thread will pretty soon turn into a battlefield! Those who hate Fenders will be slaughtered by Fender lovers, and those who hate BC Rich'es will be slaughtered by BC Rich lovers!

Do you see my point?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Epiphone.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??