DRAMA KIDS!

assemble under supreme FAUST!

So yeah, general disscusion, favorite roles, music, stories, maybe some youtubes.

The last production I was in was Godspell

Title: Godspell
Role: Jeffery
Song: We Beseech Thee
Cast Size: 15 peoples (the best of the best)
Youtube Clips:n/a...yet I have the DVD im just being lazy for uploads.
Overall Performance: One of the best productions I have ever been a part of. Incredible.

I have also played roles in...

H.M.S. Pinafore
Joseph and the Amazing Techicolor Dreamcoat
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
Oliver!
Spamalot
Oliver! (again)
Camelot

and a boatfull of other one-acts or stuff that I cannot remember.
This was a triumph..
When I was a freshman in high school, I had to play a role in a Romeo and Juliet play. I didn't practice my lines.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
YES! More theatre kids out there. I just finished my sophomore year as a theatre major at the University of Southern California.

As for best plays, gotta say:

The Crucible -- Arthur Miller (love all of Miller)
Oleanna -- David Mamet (love all of Mamet)
Closer -- Patrick Marber (soo much better than the film)
Richard III -- William Shakespeare ('nuff said. He's Shakespeare)

I've been in two shows at SC; "The Voysey Inheritance" by Harley Granville-Barker, adapted by David Mamet as Rev. Colpus, and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Dale Wasserman, from the novel by Ken Kesey as Dr. Spivey. I write as well and have had two one-acts produced.

I'm reading Bertolt Brecht's theoretical writings now, and they're brilliant. You a fan of Brecht? How about Artaud? I don't like him as much...it's too mystical. I like Brecht because he's very immediate and practical, and the passion is great. It's like he's saying "Look, this is how it's gonna BE, by god!"

You should also read "The Empty Space" by Peter Brook, because it's amazing.

One last thing: I'm in a new improv troupe at SC called The Merry Men. Our first (and so far only show) is on YouTube. Here's what I think is the best part: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RmdpaAPp10c I'm the Prime Minister. Our whole schtick is that we're all fake English-Shakespearean.
Can't stop the signal.
Last edited by search49 at Jun 14, 2008,
I was in our schools drama club for less than a semester as our sponsor was the spawn of the devil and would scream at me if I forgot one line in a play for five year olds...
Theatre kids represent!

Of Mice and Men
Rent
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Little Shop of Horrors
Legally Blonde

Those are just a few. I've preformed in a couple of shows such as Joseph, OMAM, and Little Shop but, next season I will be in a bunch more. Acting + preforming the musical scores behind the scenes.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
I've seen the Fiddler on the Roof play with Topol himself. It was pretty awesome. Also some shakespare play with Sir Ian McKellen. (hear that, darkstar?)
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by En_zed
It was pretty awesome. Also some shakespare play with Sir Ian McKellen. (hear that, darkstar?)

*fap fap fap*

Ian McKellen.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie