Page 5 of 103
Quote by SadistNation
they aren't really "hardcore" in the general sense. They are like post-hardcorey kinda stuff. It's really noodley....

thats true. Still worth a listen though!
Some bands that they didn't put in the very first thread that are really good.

Earth Crisis

Integrity

Stick to your Guns

Bloodlined Calligraphy

Oh and if you want to hear some new hardcore check out my friend's band What Life Is. I've been friends with these guys since high school and they're band is amazing. check em out
Quote by Manos15
You might like Bitter End.

I have Climate Of Fear, can't really get into it.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
oh and i forgot to add Outbreak. This band really got me into a lot of hardcore bands. they did a really good cover of sailin on.
Quote by 'StoleN'
Alright guys, I've come to the conclusion that I'm having a very difficult time getting into some of the bands mentioned here, and I've figured out why. See, I'm attracted to the whole deathcore/metalcore scene because it's guitar driven, me being a guitar player, it's what I like to listen to, because it influences me as a musician. I don't like simple music, it bores me. If it's catchy and simple, I'll listen to it. I like Comeback Kid, Verse, American Nightmare, and Modern Life Is War a lot because there are a lot of catchy bits, but it's lacking the technical guitar work I long for, so what I'm asking for, is some more interesting hardcore bands to listen to. Bands that are really catchy, or bands that have technicality to their music. Or, if you really want to wake me up in the pants, both. Thanks guys.

You should try other guitar driven genres, because imo they have much more to offer in terms of musicianship than deatchore/metalcore ever will. I would personally recommend some Jazz/Fusion and Solo Acoustic guitar players. Just watch some of these and if you don't like'm, then you don't have to listen to them. Here some of the more guitar driven vids for these guys.

Allan Holdsworth
Frank Gambale
Guthrie Govan
Al Di Meola
Antoine Dufour (Pesonal Fav)
Craig D'Andrea
Don Ross
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Ah!
Thanks tom.

Out of those, Allan Holdsworth, Al Di Meola, and Antoine Dufour really stuck out at me, great stuff.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by 'StoleN'
Ah!
Thanks tom.

Out of those, Allan Holdsworth, Al Di Meola, and Antoine Dufour really stuck out at me, great stuff.

+1 to all those guys, I really like Larry Carlton and John McLaughlin as well. try some mathcore, as it has jazz influence.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
+1 to all those guys, I really like Larry Carlton and John McLaughlin as well. try some mathcore, as it has jazz influence.

Yes, I have some mathcore. Name some bands.
Quote by ch715dallat
I need some stuff similar to Gaza. I'm in an ultra ****ty mood, and I need some heavy ****ed up grind.
nobody is similar to gaza ha.

but try

Robinson
Success Will Write Apocalypse Across the Sky
Akaname
El Credo
Clinging to the Trees of a Forest Fire

Debello Recordings = best scariest hardest grindy label.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

****, I can't believe I forgot Larry Carlton, definitely check him out.
without fun
hope you had a good time
Will do.
Any other Jazz/Fusion type guitarists you'd recommend?
I'm not having any trouble finding those chill acoustic players.
Quote by ch715dallat
Allan Holdsworth, Jaco Pastorius, Stanley Jordan, John Scofield, Lionel Loueke

That will get you started

EDIT:
With emphasis on Lionel Loueke. I saw him perform at Berklee last summer and he's absolutely amazing. He does some really unique stuff.
Quote by saxaxe
Allan Holdsworth, Jaco Pastorius, Stanley Jordan, John Scofield, Lionel Loueke

That will get you started

EDIT:
With emphasis on Lionel Loueke. I saw him perform at Berklee last summer and he's absolutely amazing. He does some really unique stuff.

Already know Holdsworth and Scofield, will check out the rest.
Quote by ch715dallat
Would Dillinger Escape Plan be considered Mathcore?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

considering the fact that they coined the turn, yes
i really don't consider it a genre, it's dumb. But there are undoubtedly mathy bands and Dillinger are some great mathematicians......
I see, thx.

I saw a new video on Headbangers Ball, it was dissapointing.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by 'StoleN'
Will do.
Any other Jazz/Fusion type guitarists you'd recommend?
I'm not having any trouble finding those chill acoustic players.

Heres some great Jazz/Fusion Musicians in general.
Joe Pass
George Benson
Wes Montgomery
Django Reinhart
John Coltrane
Dave Brubeck
Chick Corea
Hiromi Uehara
Soft Machines
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Miles Davis
Thelonius Monk
without fun
hope you had a good time
I need more generic metalcore like Catherine, Oh sleeper, Every Bridge Burned, August Burns Red, Still Remains, It Prevails, Revenance, etc.

Also, more melodic hardcore punk like Verse, Have Heart, and Modern Life is War would be great.

thanks
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Jul 5, 2008,
Quote by GuitarHero0715
Yeah, I dug that, but something with more singing?

I like the screaming, but im just in the mood for singing?

try some Minus the Bear or Maps And Atlases. not necessarily similar to TFOT but they're "math-y" and have clean singing.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Also, more melodic hardcore punk like Verse, Have Heart, and Modern Life is War would be great.

Killing the Dream
The Carrier
Sinking Ships
Ghostlimb (faster than those bands but good and melodic)
With Honor
Ruiner
Quote by aggiefan33
Killing the Dream
The Carrier
Sinking Ships
Ghostlimb (faster than those bands but good and melodic)
With Honor
Ruiner

Everyone always has told me that Ruiner is for pussies. Don't know why.

However, Ghostlimb? Melodic? I like them.. but melodic isn't necessarily the term I'd go for.. I mean, they are about as melodic as Graf Orlock could possibly be

Quote by Godsmack_IV
I need more generic metalcore like Catherine, Oh sleeper, Every Bridge Burned, August Burns Red, Still Remains, It Prevails, Revenance, etc.

thanks

Converge (Petitioning the Empty Sky and Jane Doe. )
Botch (We Are the Romans..)

for the first part of that. But they aren't generic

For the second part.

Kid Dynamite
None More Black
The Sainte-Catherines
Born Against
Suicide File (not exactly melodic per say..)

maybe?
Last edited by JustMimes at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by Godsmack_IV

God Forbid, Caliban, It Dies Today, All that Remains, Parkway Drive, Shadow's Fall, Scars of Tomorrow, Unearth, Manntis.
But you prolly already know most of em haha
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

I haven't heard Miss Machine, but Calculating Infinity is basically the definition of Mathcore.... steer clear of Ire Works though in my opinion. It's not near as good as Calculating and I wouldn't even consider it mathcore.

The best mathcore band, in my opinion, is Daughters.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
Already have the discography of both.

If you like MTB, maybe check out Meneguar and Mew.
Quote by JustMimes
However, Ghostlimb? Melodic? I like them.. but melodic isn't necessarily the term I'd go for.. I mean, they are about as melodic as Graf Orlock could possibly be

I'm not saying like melodic hardcore but they have nice melody in there along with the heaviness and are definitely 1238935892X more melodic than Graf Orlock. haha
I really like this rihanna chick, she just came out with some new stuff and it really blew my mind!
Just remember, at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box
Quote by JustMimes
steer clear of Ire Works though in my opinion...I wouldn't even consider it mathcore.
That doesn't necessariyl mean you should stay away from it.

Quote by roosoh13
I really like this rihanna chick, she just came out with some new stuff and it really blew my mind!

you are SO funny. how about you just leave?
Quote by kryptonite22
That doesn't necessariyl mean you should stay away from it.

True, that alone isn't a good reason. However, I think it was a terrible album so that is my reason..