Ok, i have a vox ad30vt amp and a slash SW-95 wah pedal. The pedal doesnt really work well with my amp except when its on a clean channel and even then it can sometimes not work very well. It doesnt really make a wah effect it makes this noise that i cant really explain very well but all i know is that it should sound differently.

Is it just not working right because my vox amp doesnt take pedals very well? I've heard some people say that because the amp is modeling and has so much ciruitry pedals wont work very well with it, but i have also heard people use pedals with thier vox, or is my pedal not working right? Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanx
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
ok i thought that would be it, but i heard other people using pedals on their vox ad's so i thought i'd ask just to make sure. Ok thanx for the help dude, l8r
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
dude i think i have the same problem. i have a music man amp and a crybaby classic wah, and it doesnt wah very much except on clean, and even then it makes this hissing noise when it rocks from heel to toe and it doesnt sound right (i think maybe thats what you meant?) anyway i found that it doesnt work well with distortion and it is the same with every amp ive tried it with so it probably isnt your amp. also it doest wah very much with high notes like slash can do, i don't know if you have that problem. its probably the pedal i reckon
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
Quote by Chuckleberry
ok i thought that would be it, but i heard other people using pedals on their vox ad's so i thought i'd ask just to make sure. Ok thanx for the help dude, l8r

Mine goes fine with my Dunlop Crybaby.
does the ad have a effect loop, if yes and your wah is in, just remove the wah from the effect loop,
or
change the setting of your wah (if you can)
or
try changing battery
i used to use the crappy low end crybaby w/ my AD30VT and it never did that. it's prolly a deadish battery or something of that nature. the slash wah is supposedly great and durable, and just b/c modeling amps don't like pedals doesn't mean they're gonna react the same way to EVERY pedal. i see no reason why a wah pedal shouldn't work any better on a modelling amp as it does on a fully tube one, unless it's b/c of EQing.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I agree with the slash wah being good, but I've heard that it's especially bad with digital amps.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
yeah it doesnt make a hissing noise or anything. This may sound like a really dumb explaination but its the best i can describe...You know those long tubes (toys, not amplifier tubes) that make "whaaaaaaap" noise when you tilt them to their side? that is kinda what it sound like only a little worse. Almost sounds like its going through a portal or something...lol i dont know
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah