If I work for the summer for 10 bucks an hour, 8 hours a day, 3 days a week, for 6 weeks and make $1440, will I have to pay taxes? I will be a registered employee but im under 18
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty 3
Yamaha Pacifca
Drive?? Amp 25 watt?
Crate Flexwave 120/212
I think you dont since you're under 18?

Idk.I'm getting a job too!
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
i've paid taxes since i started working. being under 18 doesn't have anything to do with it. you will still have to file a tax form but you aren't making near enough to have to pay in. whatever is taken out in taxes will most likely be given back on your tax return next year
well if its a legitimate job, taxes will be taken out of your paycheck... so depending on how much they'd take, you'd either get a rebate next year, or you may owe some money.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I love this topic.

Yes you will pay taxes...

...and no, it is not right, or legal, for anyone to pay an unapportioned income tax.

No law says you have to pay it, but if you dont, the government will rape you.
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
Depends on where you live, but you will be taxed and if you earn under a certain amount of cash you can simply file for it to be given back at the end of the financial year.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Above or below 18, paid legitimately or under the table, W2 or 1099, always always always report your taxes.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
well i live in california and if I do pay taxes how much would they be?

EDIT: nevermind just checked i would pay 140 bucks in taxes
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifca
Drive?? Amp 25 watt?
Crate Flexwave 120/212
Last edited by Ypacifica at Jun 14, 2008,
Your workplace will give you a W2 next year.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
man, i just cant wait till barrack obama wins and everyone gets raped by high taxes.. mm
obama hahah his last name scares me he prob gonna giv money to all his brothers...
I HAD A DREAM THAT A BLACK MAN WILL BE PRESIDENT AND RAPE THE WHITE MAN WITH TAXES AND CHICKEN
Quote by sno cone
man, i just cant wait till barrack obama wins and everyone gets raped by high taxes.. mm

Quote by deckerbastard69
obama hahah his last name scares me he prob gonna giv money to all his brothers...
I HAD A DREAM THAT A BLACK MAN WILL BE PRESIDENT AND RAPE THE WHITE MAN WITH TAXES AND CHICKEN

shut up...damn 08ers
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifca
Drive?? Amp 25 watt?
Crate Flexwave 120/212
^(to Ypacifiaca) Even though I don't like the term, yeah.

It's weird, my little brother works at McDonalds and he had to file taxes, but I work at another place and didn't.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by vjferrara
i've paid taxes since i started working. being under 18 doesn't have anything to do with it. you will still have to file a tax form but you aren't making near enough to have to pay in. whatever is taken out in taxes will most likely be given back on your tax return next year

so long as you apply. my parents said they were gonna take care of that for me, ****in liars.