I think that when my valveking got repaired it was not grounded properly, which is evident by the intense deep feedback i get whenever i play. I have tried everything and it is the amp. How hard would it be to open up the amp and properly ground the amp? If someone with experience with this could tell me how to do this it would be much appreciated.
erm, i wouldn't fix an amp your self there's a high risk of death lol take it back to the guy who "repaired" and make him fix it properly
Quote by rancidryan
erm, i wouldn't fix an amp your self there's a high risk of death lol take it back to the guy who "repaired" and make him fix it properly

This. It may sound harsh, but loaded capacitors can kill you if you don't know what you are doing.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
bad grounding can cause feedback?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
yeah, i wouldn't say bad grounding would cause feedback. that sounds like another issue. perhaps is causes a weird buzz/ radio signals?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Amps in the old day only had 2 prong plugs and didnt have such issues with grounding and feedback so its probably gonna be something else.
yeah find out what happened and make the guy fix it. it would suck to lose such a great amp....but yes, loaded caps can and WILL kill you unless u know what ur doin.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Well i just got a 6505, and the same thing is still there on that amp. SO i think it might be a mix of bad house wiring/ ground loop and not actually the amp. Hell, our bassist got electrocuted about a year ago due to a bad ground/wiring in his house, so that could be part of the problem. Thanks for you help and words of caution guys.
what kinda guitar are you using? and what kinda pickups?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial