i always hear on threads that line 6 sipder III's, marshall mg's, and boss ds-1 distortion pedals are horrible. Yet I have heard mostly good things about them from comments outside of wat i read on the internet. Can someone explain to me why these things are so terrible. Also, on the subject of a distortion pedal, is there a general distortio pedal that's really good if u have ne reccomendations plz post them here
Quote by prsrulz91
i always hear on threads that line 6 sipder III's, marshall mg's, and boss ds-1 distortion pedals are horrible. Yet I have heard mostly good things about them from comments outside of wat i read on the internet. Can someone explain to me why these things are so terrible. Also, on the subject of a distortion pedal, is there a general distortio pedal that's really good if u have ne reccomendations plz post them here

the marshall mg (i have one) is made of cheap components. it sounds okay but there are a lot of better sounding amps in its price range. for the disto pedal, i would say the Big Muff, Metal Muff, and MXR distortion.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
what you hear are just peoples opinons and like assholes everyone has one.

personaly i dont hate the line 6 spider III but i dont love it eather. the bogner one on the other hand i love. i can see where its a good starter amp the III does have a lot of stuff you can do with it and does them ok.

the mg. i dont like it at all. tried it out to see what everone was talking about and i see what most of them ment. its just not that great of an amp. i have however seen a vid with nick bowcott from GW play one and it was amazeing, im guessing a lot of editing and **** had to do with that though.

the ds-1. i have it and i like it. most people that say it sucks are playing it on a SS amp. playing it on my SS and then my tube combo i can see why. on a ss it just lacks in sound. but on a nice tube amp and you have the settings tweeked just right and its godly. i have played it with different styles such as gritty overdrive blues to a nice heavy metal tone. you just have to set it right. and at 40 bucks what do you expect.

as for you looking for a distortion pedal. if you play a few different styles that call for different distortions you will be saveing your money if you get the boss distotion twin pedal. ranges from the boss overdrives to the boss metal zone and a few others.
for distortion pedals I'd recommend the Damage Control solid metal. I'd never heard of it either until someone let me try theirs. This thing is great, can do everything from bluesy tones to full ass on metal. Its a bit more expensive but it sounds incredible.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .