ok i have an ibanez RG4EX1 with an edge III tremolo system, stupidly i tuned down to drop C without looking how to do it first. I tightened the locking nut and it got way out of tune and now for some reson the action is way to low and it wont even play, i tuned back to normal tuning and it is still the same, i have no clue where to even start please help!
Well, a few things could've happened. One is that when you tuned to drop C, your strings put a lot less tension on the neck, and this would end up making your tremolo slip backwards, as if you were pulling up on the whammy bar. That will bring the action down some. The other thing is that (i'm not sure if this is exactly what happened) when you loosened the strings, the lack of tension on the neck was affected by the truss rod. If the truss rod is set to a certain tension and that tension is taken off, the truss rod could have bowed inward, towards the fretboard, causing the action to be much lower, and probably not even playable in the middle. Do you know if it's a double-action truss rod?
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

befor you do anything to that guitar. you should see if you have a friend that has a guitar with a trem and knows what he is doing. or take it to a shop befor you do any more damage.
good idea

Don't try it yourself unless you can be sure you know what your doing, like trussrod and bridge hight!
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
i dont know about the double action tres rod and is the anyway to fix that slip? i think i am just going to take it to the shop, damn it
well if you can spear a string, put on some eye protection and a long sleeve shirt, just over tune it till the still is about to snap, But thats a dumb idea unless your an idiot.

Take it to the shop.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T