I am a complete guitar noob and I know that i should start out with open chords to begin learning, but should i just play them over and over to help with transition and finger position?
Also, because I'm into punk stuff i'm obviosly trying to master power chords but when i try to change from one to another power chord my fingers never stay right distance apart ie my pinky and ring finger catch up with my index ... any help?
Any other help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Getting your open chords down will really help out your fingers.....Just practice those power chords and they'll get easier...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Getting your open chords down will really help out your fingers.....Just practice those power chords and they'll get easier...

+1

Bes thing to do is work with open chords until you're getting comfortable with them, then throw barre chords into the mix. There's no reason whatsoever to "learn" powerchords as all they are is the bottom 2/3 notes of a barre chord. Therefore if you learn barre chords you'll be teaching yourself power chords at the same time - 2 for 1 and a much better use of your valuable practice time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 14, 2008,
Dont just focus on learning,

learn songs, this will GREATLY improve your skill and make it really fun,
almost every rock songs include power chords so...
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.