Just a quick question to anyone who knows anything about or has Fender strap locks such as the ones listed here...

Can you still use normal straps on the guitar or will it only work with the strap which has the other part of the lock on it, and;

Does the strap lock hold the strap far away from the body of the guitar and look stupid? (just wondering because my Dunlop strap locks do this and it looks a tad ridiculous i think..)

Thanks!
You can use a normal strap with them, but the buttons are a little smaller and you're really better off sticking with the locks once you install them. They're compatible with any other Schaller lock system. I got them with my Strat, and the strap I use with it snaps onto my Ric perfectly.

They do connect in a semi-detached way compared to just putting the strap over the buttons, but I don't find it awkward. I may've at first, but I'm over it. They're a great investment for the security and convenience.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Schaller strap locks are the only ones worth even considering. They are a great investment.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Cool, thanks for that!

Will they work on any standard strap... I'm thinking along the lines of a standard Fender cotton strap or do the locks fall through the hole in the strap?
They should, my jimmie vaughan came with those exact one and I must say I'm more than pleased. Just make sure you tighten the washer on the strap tight as it can come loose. A little thread lock wouldn't hurt either.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Just make sure you tighten the washer on the strap tight as it can come loose. A little thread lock wouldn't hurt either.

+1

I crank mine down with an adjustable wrench, and still have to keep on top of it. They should fit just about any strap without a problem.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.