I know what it is and how Bellamy achieves it but I want to know if I could get it with one of these...

A KP Mini - anyone know?
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
... no
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
yeah but you gotta wire it correctly... You can get a pretty close sound with delay.
Quote by Martindecorum
so thats what he uses lol

Bellamy has a kaos pad built into his guitar.

Also, I don't know if you could get the sound with that, I doubt it, matt's is probaly custom.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
It's actually very easy to accomplish...if you have a bank account...

Use a KP2 (not a KP mini) and use the X axis to control, via Midi, a Whammy or similar pitch shifting effect. In MotP the effect is essentially a sequence consisting of bouncing a note between three different octaves. The way the Kaoss Pads work is that when you touch one spot, it will transmit data according to that one spot, but if you touch two spots, it will transmit data from exactly halfway in between. This being the case you can jump back and forth between three octaves at will if you have a KP controlling a "two octave up" pitch shift effect. Touching one edge will give you the root note, touching the other edge will give you two octaves up, and touching both edged will give you one octave up.

This is the cheap way. The expensive way involves buying a Midi pickup and a sequencer.

EDIT: Actually that new Boss Slicer "might" be able to spit out this effect now that I think about it.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Last edited by Kendall at Jul 19, 2008,
Quote by MaXiMuse
He uses a Zoom effect called The Step.

No, I don't think he does. Do you just think he does, or did you read it somewhere legit?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by MaXiMuse
He uses a Zoom effect called The Step.

Probably not..

But Matt has those pads built into his guitars, not those exact pads but their big brother. But he doesn't use it for map of the problematique, does he?