Hi I'm pretty new to this forum but would love some advice on powering pedals. First off I'm just a hobbyist but am fed up with batteries in my pedals.

What is the best way to power them, Ive been looking high and low and certain adaptors seem to work for certain pedals which make life very confusing.

I have:-

BOSS FZ-5 (Fuzz)

BOSS CS-3 (Compression Sustainer)

BOSS BF-2 (Flanger)

Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95

I'm just waiting for a GLX DD-100 (apparently a clone of the BOSS DD6 Delay)

The problem I'm finding is all the different power supplies

Eg.

the crybaby apparently needs Dunlop ECB-003 AC Adapter

the BOSS pedals need BOSS PSA Adaptors

I should probably point out I live in the UK so I'm sure this has an effect.

Should I get:-
soundlab power bank

Or should I just get the seperate adaptors and a normal surge strip.

I am after a relatively inexpensive solution. I'd say I'd want to spend below £40 on power.

Once I've figured this out I'm going to make a board for the pedals so they don't clutter the room up.
I know boss do something that can power a few pedals it might work with the crybaby too there all usually 9v...this is why i just bought a pod. just one plug
They only really say it works with a certain power cable thing, but it works just dandy with any other decently priced one! I use a Danelectro one for my Crybaby!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i would say the visual sound power suply that is daisy chained but i dont know if you can get them for the uk style plug.
i have the soundlab power bank, it works for most pedals (including boss), but it can't connect to my crybaby because the polarity of the circuit is reversed. Then again, mine is a 1969-1971 sort of age italian crybaby (i don't know for sure). I'm not sure what type of connection the dunlop uses, but if its the negative center barrel style connection, it should work. If its the mini-jack style connection which is tip positive (effectively, the power goes the other way round the circuit, since the tip is equivalent to the center pin on the barrel style connections) then its the wrong polarity for the soundlab power bank, although an adaptor which inverts the polarity (pretty easy) should do it.

edit: I also got mine from maplin, except i went in-store, because i live near one
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
watch out for the power rating, the one from maplins is 450mA which isn't all that high, look on the back of your pedals and add their mA up, as if its over 450 it won't be able to supply them all so some will be powered whilst others won't be
Quote by image6
watch out for the power rating, the one from maplins is 450mA which isn't all that high, look on the back of your pedals and add their mA up, as if its over 450 it won't be able to supply them all so some will be powered whilst others won't be

i think if none of them use more than 75mA it should work fine.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Cheers for all the help

Just had a quick look at the BOSS FZ-5 which draws 36 mA.

The BOSS CS-3 draws 11 mA

I've got no idea about the Flanger though, doesn't say on the back and I have no manual.

The Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 apparently takes most standard 9V DC AC Adaptors. Not sure what it draws though. The Dunlop ECB-003 AC Adapter has a 5.5/2.1mm coax plug which I imagine is different to the rest of the pedals.

this is the link to the manual i was looking at for the crybabycrybaby manual

I've also heard of daisy chaining using one of plug and having several cables running off it.

As far as power banks things like dunlops DC brick are out of my price range, I'm after something cheap and cheerfull that will do the job without looking too much of a mess.

Cheers for the advice