I'm not really sure about these pickups.

I know these are a really aggressive, good type of pickups for metal and stuff, but what are they like for clean, groovy, thwapy and bass-y sounds?
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
i would suspect that the best way to find this out would be to find a guitar that has them and play it.
useless for cleans man. you'll have to roll off guitar volume to use either for cleans. they are a lot alike the EMG 81/85 combo. the neck is too high output to have nice cleans, way too harsh and the bridge is just like the EMG 81, not special for cleans at all. searing high gain and leads is their fortay. they just don't cut it for cleans.

my main guitar has EMG60/81, cos i need the 60 for nice cleans for my band. Blackouts are in my backup, but they will be used for the tunes we play that need no cleans cos they are brutal and have a slightly raised mid frequency design that is great for articulate leads at high gain.
amp?

[EDIT]nvm, I just checked your profile...don't waste your money on pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
a new amp would make a better change of tone.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I know i know i need a batter amp, but i'm planning ahead soon enough, maybe the end of this year, i'll have a custom warmoth guitar and i need a pair of pickups that are tip top for metal, death meal thrash metal and also cleans and stuff.

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Quote by SG310user
I know i know i need a batter amp, but i'm planning ahead soon enough, maybe the end of this year, i'll have a custom warmoth guitar and i need a pair of pickups that are tip top for metal, death meal thrash metal and also cleans and stuff.

maybe look into the SD Custom Custom or JB pup for the bridge.
I was thinking the other way round, the blackout for the bride and the other one for the neck.

What about a

Livewire Classic II Humbucker LW-CH2 for neck
And a:
Blackout AHB-1 for bridge?

Honestly if you roll back the volume on the neck pickup on EMGs or AHBs, you can get a pretty good clean sound.
The AHBs are better for this than the EMGs, but I personally have never used a set of Livewires... guess they're next in line if I want to the the active pickup guy forever...
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H