probably a fender american strat or a regular gibson sg or les paul. they're mid level and sound pretty good.
genre(s)? budget? your amp?
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
i play rock and metal mostly and i have a okay ish amp. as for budget anything below £350 uk pounds
haha he said mid-level whats your budget? whats your amp? smart money goes on amps whenever you get enough of it together.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by TheQuailman
What is your budget?
To SenorSmiley: Most people here think about 'mid range' as sonething that comes for under 1000$.

sorry. i think of mid level as between crap and good.

example - i have a squier 51 guitar that is total crap. I put an old Gibson humbucker that's worth more then I paid for the guitar into it and it's still crap

i have an american strat and a newer (91) Gibson LP and a newer (93) SG Classic. Both pretty cheap both pretty good. I paid about $450 for the SG last year because it was a little beat but it sounds good.

I have an old Gibson Les Paul and an old telecaster. Both great.
depends what you're after. LTD do a great range with EMG pickups great for metal Les Paul style, or the "Hetfield" style Explorer etc.

PRS SE Singlecut range or the new Semi Hollow are well made guitars and you could upgrade the pickups etc. to your own preference and you have a killer guitar.

A GOOD example of a Epiphone Les Paul, 335 is a decent buy when you can mod it by upgrading the pickups, tuners etc. and you have a guitar a lot of people will agree is on par with the Gibson specials like the SG.

There are some cracking deals on Gibson Flying V's at the moment, in the UK anyway, and can be picked up for around £450 !

Fender do an excellent "classics" series as well, which gives better quailty and electronics over the standard range.
350 pounds you can get Mexican Fenders, Higway 1's with a good deal. There's about 15 different good ibanezs you can get. Melody Maker, EPI hollowbodies you have a lot of options with that much money what turns you on bro?
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
there are more brands than gibson and fender, ESPECIALLY in the mid range

with that budget your poking into the lower regions of mid range guitars IMO, maybe save up a bit more? but definately look into ibanez and LTD, see whats the best one you can get for your budget
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by WARLOCK123
not sure if its true but i heard people say that an epiphone G400 is mid level

I certainly hope not!
Bring back Tabo
if your budget is £350 PRS SE range easily. No one can compete with their craft. Play a Les Paul Standard and play an SE Singlecut and you'll get what i mean ! It annoys me that I happily at the time paid £500 for my SE Singlecut and now it can be bought for around £350 !

I put EMG's in mine, locking tuners and a tonepros bridge, it's now a US spec guitar and it owns !!! I've played Gibson's and high end LTD's and my PRS still comes out the best guitar i've played !

definately try em !
I'm just gonna throw that one in though it is 20 bucks above your price range. It has good pickups and sounds just fine for rock. I'm not sure if you'll like the alder body for metal, but I don't see anything wrong with it. People are just picky sometimes I guess. See if you can try one out at a local store.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_pacifica_612v_nt.htm
Quote by SenorSmiley
sorry. i think of mid level as between crap and good.

example - i have a squier 51 guitar that is total crap. I put an old Gibson humbucker that's worth more then I paid for the guitar into it and it's still crap

i have an american strat and a newer (91) Gibson LP and a newer (93) SG Classic. Both pretty cheap both pretty good. I paid about $450 for the SG last year because it was a little beat but it sounds good.

I have an old Gibson Les Paul and an old telecaster. Both great.

what happened to your jackson vvv?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
STOP MAKING THE SAME THREAD OVER AND OVER!

THIS IS THE THIRD ONE!

GO AWAY!

*mumbling/shuffling away* damn kids with their rap music...

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
i heard that there is a schecter model called blackhawk bc1. its apparently just £170
My mistake, it's the fourth. You also have 5 other threads that have all been closed. Some people never learn.

*reported*

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
no offence TS: but find a friend to help you pick out your guitar if you dont know EXACTLY what you want and what to look for. i wish i brought someone more knowledgeable than me when i bought my first guitar
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
the Dean Cadilac is an all round great guitar thats cheap!
dont get a gibson is my advice
get yourself a decent Fender MIA Strat or a Tele.

Paul Reed Smith rules, so check out the new Mira!

The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
only 350?

ohh blimey,
look at Epiphones and the PRS SE series, the Santana SEs are amazing if u can find one
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
i have the blackhawk. pretty good for the price. also have the pacifica 612v. also good for the price. selling it though cos i want a tele
anyone who wants it let me know. £300 ono
"A good song should make you want to tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I’m only interested in writing great songs." - Tom Morello
Spear Gladius II

350 quid will get you a Floyd Rose and neck-thru construction on one of these guitars.
+1 million on the PRS SE. Look gorgeous, Play gorgeous, and through a decent amp (and maybe a pedal) you can get any sound in the world out of them!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here