I was wondering can you thicken a distortion with an Overdrive. I was planning on getting a digitech bad monkey with a boss metalzone or metal muff for my B-day.

Thanks
Quote by life_777
I was wondering can you thicken a distortion with an Overdrive. I was planning on getting a digitech bad monkey with a boss metalzone or metal muff for my B-day.

Thanks

With your amp you won't need to - and you won't really need distortion pedals.

And if you do get a distortion pedal you don't want a piece of crap like the metalzone, you don't need the metal muff either, way too much.

An overdrive pedal and an EQ in conjunction with the amp's distortion will give you more gain than you'd ever need. If you absolutely must get a distortion pedal then get something like a Proco Rat, or maybe go for a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde instead of the Bad Monkey and A N Other so you get both.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
With your amp you won't need to - and you won't really need distortion pedals.

And if you do get a distortion pedal you don't want a piece of crap like the metalzone, you don't need the metal muff either, way too much.

An overdrive pedal and an EQ in conjunction with the amp's distortion will give you more gain than you'd ever need. If you absolutely must get a distortion pedal then get something like a Proco Rat, or maybe go for a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde instead of the Bad Monkey and A N Other so you get both.

So if i just get a bad monkey and use the amps distortion I can metal tone? Jekyll and hyde sucks..I had it then returned it.
yes you can , by adding gain and also you can further eq your sound with the bad monkey
My Gear :
Epiphone les paul custom (alpine white) Peavey Valve king half stack
Ehx Big muff Pi Gibson sg special faded
Ehx Metal Muff Dunlop crybaby 535q
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by gainaddict
yes you can , by adding gain and also you can further eq your sound with the bad monkey

Thats' cool Thanks bro..