Background: A month ago I got given a different position in the plant I'm working in as an inspector of sorts, I've been in training for the last few weeks...

The night before last I was up real late because I went to a business meeting in Columbia for other job I'm doing (insurance sales). Anyways I was exhausted so I asked my boss the next day if I could go home early (this was 3 hours into the shift) and he said yes. I told him if it was a problem at all I could stay but he said go ahead.

So then this morning I went in and the girl who was training me said the guy told her she wouldn't be training me anymore... so I called him on the phone and he said "talk to your temp supervisor" (we're hired through a temp service initially and eventually hired on permanently) but finally after telling him that they weren't there on the weekend it just told me "it's not gonna work out". So I asked him if it was because I left early yesterday and he said "yes" but I asked him why since he had told me it was OK. But all he said was it was out of his hands (which sounds like an excuse to me since he's in charge of our section).

Anyways I don't know what to do, it's very frustrating I was literally days from getting my raise. I feel stupid for going home but he said it was fine. I wish there was someone I could appeal the decision to. He said "out partying right?" and I kind of just smiled maybe that was a mistake I dunno.

Can anyone who's worked in a plant/factory give me advice? I don't know how the whole system works well, could I appeal to higher-ups or something? The guy TOLD ME that it was OK even after I insisted that if it was a problem I could stay.

Keep in mind that my attendance under this guy had been PERFECT up until this incident.
Quote by WNxScythe
Anyways I don't know what to do, it's very frustrating I was literally days from getting my raise. I feel stupid for going home but he said it was fine. I wish there was someone I could appeal the decision to. He said "out partying right?" and I kind of just smiled maybe that was a mistake I dunno.

Thats the mistake there.
Plus, you're a temp, they can have you replaced in minutes.
Unlucky.
^ wow I'm from hampshire as well

You cant be fired for being exhusted from partying, since you didnt say you were, plus he cant prove it. If you had been drinking on the job or left to go party, or were late because of partying, fair enough, but I'm pretty sure they'll have to provide a better reason.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
But that's the ****ing thing I WASN'T partying I was at another ****ing business meeting!!!

So you think I still have a chance if I explain to him what was going on?
Sorry you're screwed. Hope the insurance biz works out for ya.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
If you were a temp when let go, they do not have to explain or justify the decision. Sad, but it's how the real world works.
if you lived in Australia you could have taken it to like a union or a court or a workers rights asociation. is there something like that where you live since they just fired you for no reason or for unfair reasons.
Quote by Absent Mind
^ wow I'm from hampshire as well

You cant be fired for being exhusted from partying, since you didnt say you were, plus he cant prove it. If you had been drinking on the job or left to go party, or were late because of partying, fair enough, but I'm pretty sure they'll have to provide a better reason.

No they don't.

Quote by WNxScythe
But that's the ****ing thing I WASN'T partying I was at another ****ing business meeting!!!

So you think I still have a chance if I explain to him what was going on?

Nope. Pretty sure you're screwed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by fretsonfire74
Isn't there something to do with unfair dismissal over there?

Temps don't have the same rights as permanent staff.
What country are you in? Temp staff don't have the rights permanent staff do. I'd be surprised if there's anything you can do.
Quote by MightyAl
Temps don't have the same rights as permanent staff.

Ah right. Then your only chance would be to appeal to your boss directly I think.
Where do you live?
There should be a union you can go to for help, and I'm sure you can take them to court (union can help pay).
Thing is if you don't tell me where you live I can't look into the legislature to see if you have a case, in Portugal, where I live (and study) you'd have a very solid case.
Don't you have a contract hanging about?
If you do, read over it, see if there is anything that can justfiy your dissmisal, if there isn't then point it out.
if you were days away from a raise that says it all they were going to let you go anyway , my opinion only
ibanez rocks
Quote by witrudd
if you were days away from a raise that says it all they were going to let you go anyway , my opinion only

This guy makes a good point, and I don't recall you mentioning a mediating agency, if you used one they would be the people you should talk to. If there was no such agency involved (as I suspect) then you should have a good case to take to court, but do check your contract, and look for help from some one qualified.