I'm going to try and teach myself to play a harmonica, is there anything I should know before i buy one? How would one go about finding things to play?
Free Beer?

webbtje
When im home alone i like to strip to me undies and rock out really loud and dance and headbang and just get into it.. in fact, i am right now.. btw im like 16. And i do it in drop d, which makes it even dirtier.
You can buy books/dvds. I got one, I haven't gotten into it but I plan to do so soon. Harmonica is amazing.
i've seen harmonica instruction books, most of em had harmonicas glued to the cover

dont they just cover 2 octives? i know they make one for each key. you can get em all and wear em on a vest like john popper.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I got a wee ****ty one from Alcatraz souvenier shop
Would it do to learn on?
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
What would I be looking for in a good harmonica?
Free Beer?

webbtje
When im home alone i like to strip to me undies and rock out really loud and dance and headbang and just get into it.. in fact, i am right now.. btw im like 16. And i do it in drop d, which makes it even dirtier.
Get a simple harmonica to start off with and if you get better at it, look into a good quality harmonica..
I bought a $10 (australian) 'Silverstar by Hohner' harmonica
In the key of C.

Basics of harmonica.
Blow = simply blow air through the harmonica
Draw = Draw air back so sort of like breathing in.

And the first thing I learn't which is just fun.
3B 4B 3D 3B
Simple blues.
B= Blow
D= Draw
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Anyone know what key the harmonica Weezer use in "My name is Jonas" and "In the Garage"
Free Beer?

webbtje
Quote by alex-led-zepp91
Would it do to learn on?

no the souvenier ones generaly dont have a key.

and yes C is a good key to start learning on.
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
Still need help...
Free Beer?

webbtje
Quote by Jaysifer
no the souvenier ones generaly dont have a key.

and yes C is a good key to start learning on.

okay i'll get one of these "hohner"ones everyone keeps mentioning

Thanks for the helpful thread TS
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
Quote by alex-led-zepp91
Would it do to learn on?

i have that one of those and it plays like crap compared to my hohner
A good one is the Hohner Blues Harp.... I got it from Guitar Center for around 30-40 bucks. It has a nice sound and feel. Also, I reccomend getting one thats in the key of C for your first one. Google how to play the harmonica to find loads of information.

Heres a site I know of that has tabs....

http://www.harptab.com/