ahh i have been desperately searching for the right forum to post this question for the last hour... sry incase it's the wrong one, i really tried not to break the rules :P

i just got a pocket pod (line 6) for my birthday and a friend of mine told me i could record my songs via usb with this thing. unfortunatley he lives in italy and as stupid as i am I have no idea how to do that or which programme to use. Is it even possible, DO i need a special programme and to you happen to know a good one, preferably freeware?
thanks alot
maery
Audacity is free and records fine.

In future this should go in the Riffs & Recordings forum though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
you could probably set your pod to an input device on audacity and record using that - it's a free program.

ps. ^ someone confirm this, i haven't used mine in ages.

stealth edit; solved.
ok....thank you.... i even found audacity on my computer...but it's a strange german translation so just one last really dumb question: what buttons exactly do i have to press to "record" or something? all i see are strange words like rohdaten and i don't understand a thing.
Quote by maery
ok....thank you.... i even found audacity on my computer...but it's a strange german translation so just one last really dumb question: what buttons exactly do i have to press to "record" or something? all i see are strange words like rohdaten and i don't understand a thing.

Go here and download it in English.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Audacity is ok for a free program.
But when you play more than one loop
of stuff, it lags, so you have to cut the lag
to make it match up.

Mixcraft 3 you could probably get free if you looked
Guitars
------------------

Epiphone SG w/seymour duncan JB's

Hagstrom Super Swede

Amp