I tested out this little tube amps and they are definetely too loud So I can imagine how loud it would be at my house So I am looking for 30W solid state amp, I like to play thrash and heavy but somerimes I like to play some rock and light stuff on clean. I am intrested in couple of amps but I am confused Oh and I live in England so not every big store is availible for me

- VOX AD30VT-XL
- Randall V2XM
- Peavey Vypyr 30
- H&K Edition Blue 30R
+1 to roland cube 30. the vox AD30VT-XL is apparently a bit crap. I know for sure that the cube isn't.

EDIT:^ No, NOT marshall MG. the cube is just better - its not even subjective in this case. The MG has brittle sounding cleans, and thin, harsh, buzzy distortion that lacks any articulation whatsoever.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
^+1 on the cube, but not on the mg. i have an roland cube 20x, and i play death/thrash, high gain solos, some cleans, some acoustic, and this thing handles it very well.
No, no For sure not Marshall MG, I tested it couple of months song and honestly I can say it's crap
Gotta get the cube, good for home practice, plus if you think you need a little more sound or are gonna play live, just upgrade to the cube 60
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

No, 60W will be too much, I don't have a band so I dont need that much of power, 30W will be ok, I will try to check out this Roland Cube 30X, how about this Vypyr ? Is this new thing from Peavey ? It seems like it's next Line6 Spider...
I just got my Randall v2xm, the distortion is great if you consider that it is a $170 ss amp. I use it just to practice and so far it has been a great buy.
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
Edit: wrong thread. SORRY FOR EPIC NECRO BUMP.
Last edited by doom3rulz at Jul 19, 2008,