Ok so first thing. Headphone amp.

Can i just make a little gem or a ruby and put an output jack instead of a speaker? I imagine a resistor or two would be needed so I don't blow out my ears.

Would this work?

And second thing

Modding an acoustic guitar.

I was thinking of sometime this year of getting a used guitar for like $20 at a pawn shop.

some drawings and stencils would be pretty easy. I've got an artistic friend who could do that easily.

What should i have drawn on? I could also get it painted pretty much any colour.
Wouldn't the acoustic be loud enough by itself... you don't need to use any headphones?
Quote by #pal109
Wouldn't the acoustic be loud enough by itself... you don't need to use any headphones?

Was that a joke?
no... i mean it is an acousic guitar. My little gem can get decently loud... for what it is... its a half watt amp... I can probably play my acoustic over it. Definately over it clean. The little gem clean is very quiet, and the gain adds a bit of volume to it...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
no... i mean it is an acousic guitar. My little gem can get decently loud... for what it is... its a half watt amp... I can probably play my acoustic over it. Definately over it clean. The little gem clean is very quiet, and the gain adds a bit of volume to it...

The amp dosnt have to be loud. Its a headphone amp.
i know, i just don't see the need for a headphone amp to play an acoustic guitar? but yea i mean it would work fine... As for the resistors though you would need to know the handling power of the headphones and match it up
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
i know, i just don't see the need for a headphone amp to play an acoustic guitar? but yea i mean it would work fine... As for the resistors though you would need to know the handling power of the headphones and match it up

What the hell?

When did i say the headphone amp had anything to do with the acoustic guitar?
LoL with the title it made it sound like they were both related haha nevermind then.

But yea. Like i said before though, if you could find out the wattage and specs of the headphones your using that would be great. maybe use some trim pots and see what works so you dont have to keep installing and reinstalling different resistors.

But i built the little gem, from what i heard the ruby is a bit louder, and it's tone is actually improved from the little gem, but the circuit is significantly bigger. Really up to you. But with 1/2 a watt i dont think there will be that much danger in it.... if any...
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
http://www.uashem.com/pageid-525.html
I used the above for a headphone amp. sounded good, and at school i got a couple interested buyers. Replace the speaker with a 3.5mm jack and you're good.

And for the acoustic... when you say mod u just mean a paint job? Or do you plan on cutting holes in it? I'm not a genius when it comes to acoustic, but i would think more holes would make it significantly quieter.