Am tabbing this section into GP5 but it wont let me tab the notes marked in red. Anything I can do?
Yeh is it able to go that low ?
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
The standard tuning won't probably reach so low, so you'll need to tune the low "E-string" lower, dunno how many half-steps.
Fender MiM Stratocaster (stock, leftie)
Epiphone EB-0 (strings inverted to suit lefthandedness)
Laney BC-120 amp
Fender Champ 600 reissue
Boss Gt-8
Russian 90s Big Muff Pi (green)
Electro-Harmonix POG and LBP-1
Is there anything on a tab that would tell me what tunning is used, because it doesnt actually say what tunning.
Click the track's name and it will open a window where you can change the tuning or add a capo.
Fender MiM Stratocaster (stock, leftie)
Epiphone EB-0 (strings inverted to suit lefthandedness)
Laney BC-120 amp
Fender Champ 600 reissue
Boss Gt-8
Russian 90s Big Muff Pi (green)
Electro-Harmonix POG and LBP-1
it's just an F on the low E-string's first fret, it's available in standard tuning.
Ok so should I just tune to a lower standard until it lets me tab the note?
Quote by zepto
it's just an F on the low E-string's first fret, it's available in standard tuning.

Unless for some weird reason it's not in treble clef. But TS, just type in 1 on the E string and it will come up with the note?

Edit: Attatches file with note in it.
Attachments:
F.zip
Last edited by Regression at Jun 14, 2008,
Alright, Ive tabbed it out but the space on the E string is taken so I carnt fit a 1 onto it.

^^^^

Thanks for the upload but it says

Error:

File F.GP4 cannot be found
Oh I see, is this meant to be playable on guitar, or seeing the chord set up, is it piano or something? Just press F6, and where it says strings, change it to 7 instead of 6. It will just come up as being on the 6 fret on the low B string.

Edit: I've been playing around with guitarpro, and I've found out, irrelevant of your tuning, if you enter it on the score it will come out where it should be in standard tuning, e.g put the guitar down a step, and enter an g on the stave, and it will come up as being the open g string, despite in that tuning the string is an F.

So in actual fact, if you change the tuning, you are entering the wrong notes.
Quote by TERU
Its meant to be played on an acoustic guitar.

Okay, I've worked it out, it's just a (F I suppose) but a G chord shape, the guitar should be tuned down a step, and just drop off the last 2 notes.

So press F6, click in the library tunings bit, guitar down 1 step. Then when it asks to transpose, click yes, however this may muck up the chord shapes.

And then for this chord type

-
-

Note: It will appear incorrectly on the score because Guitar Pro is useless. Use Sibelius instead.
Thanks dude, am not done yet though I have more question. Ive really been getting into GP5 this week and still have somethings to learn.
Ok here we go

Whats that 8va thing do?

On that second picture I can get the small tie note but GP5 wont tie the big note.

Lastly whats the thing in the bottom picture do and how do I insert one in GP5?

Thanks alot
Ahh, 8va stands for octave above, and 8vb stands for octave below, it is basically to keep the score nice and tidy. If the notes go far off the stave you can put that there, to make it easier to read, and the 8va instructs the person reading to play the notes an octave higher. So when reading, 8va, play otave above what's written, 8vb, play octave below what's written.

As for the second picture it is just telling you what chords are used at those sections.

And the box thing, with the bottom cut off, and the '1.' inside it is a completely different thing. At the end of the bar is a repeat sign, which means you go back to the place with the inverted version of that sign. And the box with one in it is basically saying the 1st time you play this section, play this bar at the end. I imagine following that bar is a bar with the same thing above it, but with a '2.' inside it instead. This means the second time you play the section (so on the repeat), you finish off with this section. (don't play 1 at all)
Quote by Ceresz
Isn't the second picture a slur?

Oops, sorry, yeah it's a slur. I was just looking at the third picture. All that I said about the second picture and that, applies to the third picture. It's 2.30 in the morning, forgive me.

Edit: Btw, Ceresz, didn't really have any crit on your song Behind The Reflection. But I checked it out earlier. I will just say, the music seemed to be a little average compared to the lyrics.

It seems like the sort of song that would suit music like One Last Time, but a bit heavier.
Thanks dudes, for the second picture is it possible to get the second big tie note?
Quote by TERU
Thanks dudes, for the second picture is it possible to get the second big tie note?

Yeah, just let the note continue ringing whilst playing the other notes.
Quote by Regression
Edit: I've been playing around with guitarpro, and I've found out, irrelevant of your tuning, if you enter it on the score it will come out where it should be in standard tuning, e.g put the guitar down a step, and enter an g on the stave, and it will come up as being the open g string, despite in that tuning the string is an F.

So in actual fact, if you change the tuning, you are entering the wrong notes.

Just to expand on that, what it's doing is what Power-Tab calls off-setting. The basic idea is that you can raise or lower the notes that will be displayed by a certain amount. So, to explain, say you tuned the guitar in the program down to Eb instead of E. If the notation reflected the notes the guitar would be playing exactly, you'd end up with all these horrible flats everywhere. So, you offset the guitar by 1 semi-tone. Then, the notation will display the notes as if the guitar was tuned to standard tuning, even though it isn't. It's basically a way of making the notation tidier. However, Guitar Pro doesn't seem to give you an option on this but does it automatically. I did once manage to stop my guitar track from off-setting the notation, but I'm not sure how I did it.
sig goes here
Quote by Skater901
Just to expand on that, what it's doing is what Power-Tab calls off-setting. The basic idea is that you can raise or lower the notes that will be displayed by a certain amount. So, to explain, say you tuned the guitar in the program down to Eb instead of E. If the notation reflected the notes the guitar would be playing exactly, you'd end up with all these horrible flats everywhere. So, you offset the guitar by 1 semi-tone. Then, the notation will display the notes as if the guitar was tuned to standard tuning, even though it isn't. It's basically a way of making the notation tidier. However, Guitar Pro doesn't seem to give you an option on this but does it automatically. I did once manage to stop my guitar track from off-setting the notation, but I'm not sure how I did it.

What? If you wrote in a different key you would have flats or sharps everywhere too? Just put in the key signature and that should get rid of most of them...?

(Just trying to point out that the idea is stupid and that key signatures were made for a reason)
Yeah you could, but having a key signature with about 5 or 6 flats is rather annoying. I think the idea is mainly for weird tunings like Eb, drop-Db, ect. Tunings that would have annoying key signatures.
sig goes here
I think I have that flats problem.

I tabbed out the vocal of this song using the standard notation provided. So I just typed the standard notation into GP5 and set the Key sig to Ab. However the vocal still doesnt sound right. What else could be wrong? If you want ill upload the tab and the song for you to compare.

edit: Ive uploaded the vocal which i tab which I made.

http://www.upiece.co.kr/piece/detail.asp?group_code=MTAwMDA3Mzg5NiAg

Go to this site and scroll down to were it says MR & MIDI and click on the speak button on

Full Score MIDI (*.MP3파일
Attachments:
2.zip
Last edited by TERU at Jun 14, 2008,
Quote by Skater901
Yeah you could, but having a key signature with about 5 or 6 flats is rather annoying. I think the idea is mainly for weird tunings like Eb, drop-Db, ect. Tunings that would have annoying key signatures.

I get what you mean, and I guess it could come in handy, because when I look at my fretboard, irrelevant of the tuning, I always think in standard tuning.

But I don't see how having that many flats could be annoying. Oh yeah and I know you know this, but the key signature isn't decided by your tuning.

Btw TS, I think the problem is due to what I mentioned before, changing the tuning on the guitar doesn't change the score, the score only represents what would be in standard tuning. So it probably isn't in Ab. Try different keys, see what works. Or Guitar Pro has a scale finder thing, so you can probably find the possible keys with that.