Yo, ive got my practice guitar rig sitting about (line6 spider two head and marshall 1960B cab), and ive got a mate of mine coming over later for a jam and hes wanting 2 play bass but neither of us hav a bass amp (yet), so can i use the bass with my line6 and marshall.

I was thinking that since the line6 is basicly a computer, plugging a bass into it shouldnt damage this (however i hav no facts to base this on, its just a thought). Also would the output of the amp damage my cab in any way?

Also would it make a difference if the bass i was using had active or passive pickups?

thanks for your help. this is only a short term solution until i get my H&K BK200 in a couple of weeks.
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
Quote by Horlicks
Don't
Or do, you need a new amp

ive got a hughes and kettner triliogy , i DONT need a new amp lol.....saying that im saving for a H&K statesmen
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Turn the bass on your amp WAAAAAAAAAAY down. Shouldn't do much in the short term. Key words: SHORT TERM.
PIT-DWELLER

Member #1 - UG RIP Cliff Burton Club: 11 members!! (PM Me to join).
Member #6 - Official Angus Young Fan Club.
Member #4 - RATM Club.
Member #4 - 'Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy' club
What he means is that the speakers in the 1960B won't be able to handle the low frequencies, and they will blow up.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by RememberMyName
Turn the bass on your amp WAAAAAAAAAAY down. Shouldn't do much in the short term. Key words: SHORT TERM.

what actualy on the amp am i at risk of breaking, its essentialy a computer turning the audio into 1's and 0's
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Quote by FLCLcowdude
What he means is that the speakers in the 1960B won't be able to handle the low frequencies, and they will blow up.

would the frequencys not the same as if i was using a normal guitar through an octave pedal?
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
The amp isnt the issue its the speakers. Guitars thru bass speakers = ok. Bass thru guitar speakers = blown speakers. An octave pedal on a guitar doesnt come close to the bass freq.
Quote by Tackleberry
The amp isnt the issue its the speakers. Guitars thru bass speakers = ok. Bass thru guitar speakers = blown speakers. An octave pedal on a guitar doesnt come close to the bass freq.

oh rite, thanks alot. ive got a set of subs from the back of my car (2 12 inch sony xplodes) could they be used as a makeshift bass cab?
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Quote by TonyS42
oh rite, thanks alot. ive got a set of subs from the back of my car (2 12 inch sony xplodes) could they be used as a makeshift bass cab?

Hell, its worth a try. It's your fault if you blow something up though.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Hell, its worth a try. It's your fault if you blow something up though.

guess u cant be a true rocker until uve blown up atleast one piece of audio equipment
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
The impedances probably won't match.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not