I have to play a song for a recital thing (or whatever you want to call it) for my guitar teacher and his other students, anyway its in like 2 hours and i can play the song perfectly fine (Phantom of the Opera-Iron Maiden)

However the problem is my god damn nerves they **** with me no matter what, no matter how many times I say I'm good and all that just for a little confidence boost i get up there, or even before I get up on the stage my palms sweat and the heart beats a little faster you know all that stuff. I shouldn't be nervous either because I've seen my teachers students play before also at our last recital and I'm not being arrogant when I say I'm his best student, but it's only because i have been playing longer, however even then when I played I picked Smells Like Teen Spirit to play and I even screwed a couple things up on that, and that was an incredibly eeeeaaasssy song!

Anyway if you have any tips that help you they would be greatly appreciated!
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
Hold your breath.
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
touch your wang , but not in front of your teacher, in that case, touch his wang
Fap, drink, smoke pot, picture everyone in their underwear.

In that order.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Get high, then have extreme, blind confidence in yourself, even if it stems from nothing.
Your Signature:
when you are about to play tell yourself that now you're up there you might aswell play what you know and show them you can play. just know that there is no point in messing up, so you don't have to even worry about it. it won't happen.
KENZI199 is from the internet.
lock yourself up before you go into stage and play the whole song, then go on stage and pretendo youre back there locked up...works for me lol
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
just get up there and talk a little to the crowd,
GEAR

ESP LTD F-155 DX BASS
Epiphone Thunderbird bass
Samic cr1 bt bass

Dunlop bass crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Bass Overdrive Pedal
Boss bass chorus
Zoom 607 multy effects pedal

Ashdown 180 watt bass amp
Mega 30 watt

METAL UP 'UR ASSS
A little whisky/whiskey always helps. Um, some confidence music before you get up on stage maybe? Say, "More Human Than Human" by White Zombie? Are you allowed to wear sunglasses (it creates a mental and quasi-physical barrier between preformer and audience)? I developed confidence with experience, but that's no help now :p

Enjoy it dude! You're performing - this is what it's all about. People are watching and listening to YOU; not their TV, iPod, etc.
PIT-DWELLER

Member #1 - UG RIP Cliff Burton Club: 11 members!! (PM Me to join).
Member #6 - Official Angus Young Fan Club.
Member #4 - RATM Club.
Member #4 - 'Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy' club