Yo, guys
i have a question, i am planning to buy a new bass but i still havent decided which one a Ibanez ATK 300 or a Musicman Stingray 4
does ennyone has advise on which one i should pick?
wich one is better an stuff
Id say musicman.Its way out of the Ibanez's price range, though there are better ATKs than the 300.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
The stingray without a doubt. Not that the ATK are bad but the Stingray is simply better.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
If you have the money for the Musicman, get it. I regret getting a high-end Ibanez. Save up if you have too.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
The ATK is great for its price range.
But a Musicman is just badass.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
I own a higher end SR and a Musicman. Get the Musicman, I love the SR but Woogles is right on about the Musicman.
Music Man StingRays are more than twice the price of Ibanez ATK300. Ibanez are great, but you're not making a sensible comparison.
do you mean an OLP or an ernie ball stingray because then go for the stingray
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
yo i got two ibanez basses and there crazy good but if u got the money for the sting ray im just jealous

music men are like the les puals of basses
^^
I would say Rickenbakers are more the Les Pauls of bass.

To the man who created this thread, go for the Stingray, can't go wrong.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
yago for the stingray but why are comparing two bass's that are in completly different price ranges.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i know that the price ranges are completly diffrent but i like the sound of both basses
But if you have a bass worth over twice the value of the other, does it really make for a fair comparison? Why not look at higher range Ibanez that may compare better.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
But if you have a bass worth over twice the value of the other, does it really make for a fair comparison? Why not look at higher range Ibanez that may compare better.
Like the ATK700 for example? Still not in the MM price range, but closer.
I never tried an Ibby ATK but I've had a few Ibby's and I do like them. If I had a choice and could get a MM I think I'd have to go with it, that's just me though.
Fender Geddy Lee, Precision (MIA), Fender Standard Jazz, Ibanez SR700, GK MB210 combo, GK 210MBE
That said, of course, I won't be giving away my ATK when I'm dead. It's a great instrument that punches well above its weight.
Quote by smb
That said, of course, I won't be giving away my ATK when I'm dead. It's a great instrument that punches well above its weight.

I have an Ibby SRX505 now and it's nice for what i paid for it. I've had Ibby's GSR200, SRX390, SR500, BTB400QM and liked them all, especially the SR500. I've played an EBMM and they're nice too but yes, quite a $$$ difference.
Fender Geddy Lee, Precision (MIA), Fender Standard Jazz, Ibanez SR700, GK MB210 combo, GK 210MBE
this is probably a dumb question but what is the difference between a ibanez ATK 300 and a ibanez ATK 700 for example
i have looken it up but can't find something
I meant ATK750. The basic differences are the QM top and the J neck pickup and the 5 piece neck (maple/walnut) rather than 3 (maple)
but it's probably better to save some money an buy the MM stingray, or would you recomend other basses with that kind if one?
i am also into the metal genre so are there any basses you'd recomend
Quote by maxim020408
but it's probably better to save some money an buy the MM stingray, or would you recomend other basses with that kind if one?
i am also into the metal genre so are there any basses you'd recomend

There are very few basses that metal does not use. Every kind can fit in. Even piccalo basses (the Manowar bassist uses ones fairly often).
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1