Well personally, I've never played a stonebridge. But, i've never been a fan of taylor's tone, and every time I've seen a video or heard a stonebridge i thought it sounded great.

I would vote for Stonebridge, but Taylor is a much bigger name and will get lots of credit for name alone.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
Well personally, I've never played a stonebridge. But, i've never been a fan of taylor's tone, and every time I've seen a video or heard a stonebridge i thought it sounded great.

I would vote for Stonebridge, but Taylor is a much bigger name and will get lots of credit for name alone.

I agree on every single point made in this post.
Quote by slidething31

I also agree. I've never played a stonebridge as well, but i've love the sound of it more than taylors.

However, your question adressed quality of the guitar. There's no way to really evaluate this. Both companies make great guitars when you dish out the same amount for either of them. The sound is almost purely preference.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Apparently it's the cool thing nowadays to bash Taylor guitars because of the great reputation the companies name has acquired =\..
Current Gear:
Taylor 210ce
Fender Blues Jr.
Vox Tonelab LE
PRS Custom 24

Visual Sound h2o
Visual Sound Double Trouble
"Even Less"
no its just a cool thing because they dont make anything thats worth buying at a resonable price.
why the hell get a 300 when you could buy a 16GT, or a seagull artist, or a stone bridge, or a larrivee 03, or even a blueridge for that matter.
Last edited by the-kid44P at Jun 15, 2008,
Quote by Aescio
Apparently it's the cool thing nowadays to bash Taylor guitars because of the great reputation the companies name has acquired =\..

The only taylors and martins I bash are the cheap ones. I absolutely love Martins... but just ones equivalent to the 15 series and up, ahahaha. Taylor makes great guitars, theres no doubt about that. However, every single taylor I've ever played sounds incredibly thin. Martins on the other hand are thick and chunky. A lot of taylor or martin bashing is just because people like different types of acoustic sounds.
Equipment:

^I aggre with what you said about the sound same here, i just think a cheaper martin like a 15 or a Custom D just has a bettor tone not just a diffrent sound.
It depends on what YOU like. They are both quality instruments and it's up to you to decide what tone you want to be playing. I am going to be buying a Taylor 512ce soon because to me it sounds best for waht I play. But another person may disagree and like the Larrivee OM-05 instead. It's just about what you like. Both should have a great fit and finish and shold be a quality so go out and play some guitars and see what you like. Ask Stonebridge if you can try one of there guitars some how or see if anyone in your area has one they would let you play. Do some research.
Indeed, it does completely depend on what you personally like. I am extremely biased about my preference of sound and I guarantee you that everyone else is as well. Everyone has some sort of bias no matter what. So, just remember to take opinions as opinions and not facts.
Equipment: