I've been searching around sites for a new amp, and I think I've settled on getting some kind of Laney. I haven't yet decided what kind, size, type, etc. though. I was hoping you could help me out here.

Right now, I have a small 20W Laney HCM. It's a good amp, for it's size and price, but I think I need a little something bigger now that I'm alot better. I want something fairly big and that has a good tone for what I play. I play alot of stuff... at this point I'm basically just fiddling around and making songs. I WAS looking at the Laney Loinhearts, but they seem a bit overpriced. I then started to look at the TT100-212 which seams reasonable. I haven't figured out the price of this though...

Thanks for the help ahead of time,

Mike.
Check out carvin amps, they're good quality and not too expensive. I'd suggest though just saving up for a little while and get a good halfstack with an all tube head; whichever one you get really depends on what music you wanna play. Mesa is highly versatile and reliable.
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
Dude my reccomendation is to try out a fender hotrod deluxe or possible a Vox AC30 if you prefer a more all rounder.

Fender amps have the most orgasmic clean sound and you can the get the distrotion from peds, however if you want an amp with some crunch for for a Vox AC30
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by Fryer Mike
I can save up quite a bit. How much would a half stack and tube head cost?

Since you seem like the type of person who palys all kinds of stuff, that means you want versatility. I'd say definitely go tube amps; Mesa is one of the most versatile amps out there. The disadvantage aside from price, is they take some patience finding that sweet spot for the sound you want, but it is achievable. My friend and former rhythm guitarist runs out of a Mesa Dual Rectifier Roadster Head and a Roadking 4x12. (Approx. $3000). But the heavy side of it will decimate you. 4 channels, channel 4 is a dialed in near perfect match to that metallica tone. His channel 3 is his lead channel, its very similar to the Marshall JCM 800 lead sound but better, channel 2 is more of that classic rock dirty sound like AC/DC. Channel 1 is clean and its and when it says clean it means clean. Plus reverb on all channels.

The advantage of the Mesa Amps is if you have the patience to sit with them and fool with the settings you can get tones out of them similar to most other amps on the market. We've fooled around with them and gotten tones that could be mistaken for Fender, marshall, Crate, randall, Krank, Laney and roland amps.

So with mesa you can get a Halfstack from $2000-$3000+ depending on which amp you buy.

My next choice would probably be Carvin. I just started experimenting with them, the Steve Vai Legacy series is nice for cleans, jazz, blues, classic rock stuff. The V3 halfstack of theirs is more of the rock machine. It sells more for its distortion tones than its clean, but the clean isn't too bad.

The Legacy HS will run you about $1500. The V3 HS will run you about $1300.

Beyond that its hard to get amps that are like incredibly versatile without spending extreme amounts of cash. But some other companies I'd reccommend would be:
Peavey and Orange
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition