are you talking of the tone or playability here...& what do you mean by "Last"??? it's a guitar it'll last for as long as you take good care of it....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
chances are you will decide to move up to something better as your playing progresses.

I wouldn't put very heavy strings on either as the wood in the neck is not all that great on either.
i would probably wait. i mean, look around - there's a reason people mod those and sell them for a loss. They don't got it.

You're better off saving up and buying something decent - it's cheaper in the long run
Quote by SenorSmiley
i would probably wait. i mean, look around - there's a reason people mod those and sell them for a loss. They don't got it.

You're better off saving up and buying something decent - it's cheaper in the long run

thanks for not answering my question
so should i get the MIM standard then upgrade the bridge pickup and pot
or
the affinity strat with a new bridge pickup and pot?

250$ difference between the two which one should i get?
Last edited by xfallchildx at Jun 14, 2008,
sorry, i'm just trying to save you from losing some money. at any rate buy used. the used market is flooded with lo end stuff that people upgrade and then sell to get something better.

at least if you buy used it will save you some money on both ends.
get a mim very nice guitars very easy to modify. but most important play all the guitars you can and find the one that fit's you.