Are Goldo pots any good?
they're the best selling pots on Thomann but i'm just wondering if that might be because they're so cheap

I'm thinking about getting a Goldo EL500 for volume and an EL250 for tone
also, is that the right way round? 500kOhm for Volume and 250 kOhm for tone?
doing a Precision bass btw
Rockin' shit
well that changes everything

cheers

EDIT: So do i just need two 50kOhm pots for vol&tone or a 50 and a 25 or something?
Rockin' shit
Last edited by jimmyhotpants at Jun 14, 2008,
two 50's should be fine.

But your gonna want the volume to be an audio (logarithmic) and the tone to be a B pot or (linear)

You can use two A pots (logarmithmic) for instance, but if you use the A pot for volume and B pot for tone, the values will sound more appropriate to your ear and level of changes.... if that makes sense
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
you don't need 50k, a p bass comes stock with 250k
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
skater dan0 is correct. i've seen basses with 250k and 500k pots. but it depends on the whole circuit running through the bass to properly tell one person what to do.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
If it had active pickups it might use 50ks. But passive stuff will need the same as guitars.