Leave it loose
92 30%
combination of both depending on the situation
81 26%
dont use my tremolo arm
42 14%
Voters: 306.
Page 1 of 2
...do you screw in your tremolo arm nice and tight so it stays where you put it, or keep it loose and dangly so it hangs down and you can pick it up when you need it?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
I keep it firm, but mobile.
thats what i meant by the "tight" option. i didnt realise it was possible to screw it in so tightly that it couldnt move
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by ldl67
Don't have one.

Then why would you even post?
Title of thread is Floyd Rose (and similar bridge style users).

I try to keep mine really really firm, but for some reason, the threads got stripped, and now it's just loose.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
I leave it loose enough to move with a single finger, but tight enough so it will stay still.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
i keep mine as tight as possible. but it tends to hang firmly slightly less than perpendicular to the strings. i think this is perfect
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by impeachpedro10
i keep mine as tight as possible. but it tends to hang firmly slightly less than perpendicular to the strings. i think this is perfect
i know what you mean. it seems to give the entire guitar a more sleek, symmetrical look
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by jeowy
i know what you mean. it seems to give the entire guitar a more sleek, symmetrical look

that, and its more practical haha (for me atleast)
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
i have it kindof loose and kindof tight, so i can grab it when i need it, but it also isnt in my way or rattling around

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

Loose all the way, I leave it to dangle, since I don't use it all the time, just brilliantly and occasionally. I find if I have it very tight it ends up loosening after use anyway. I'm able to reach it anyway when it's loose.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
mine tight enough to stay in place, but mobile so i can flick it away when i dont need it
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by freddaahh
Loose all the way, I leave it to dangle, since I don't use it all the time, just brilliantly and occasionally. I find if I have it very tight it ends up loosening after use anyway. I'm able to reach it anyway when it's loose.
lol?
Quote by mr.happyman
I've got mine quite loose, but able to stay in a position for a little while when I bring it to a useable position.
That just suits my playing, I rarely use it!
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
i dont have 1 (les paul) but when i go my cusions i use his stratocaster (he doesnt have a trem bar i still got the trem bar of my old strat) i usually have it loose yet firm
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
mine doesnt screw in... it just slides in, you cant really adjust it
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by Vampire 255
i dont have 1 (les paul) but when i go my cusions i use his stratocaster (he doesnt have a trem bar i still got the trem bar of my old strat) i usually have it loose yet firm

Translation?

I keep mine tight mostly. I use it pretty rarely. I am not a rockstar yet... so I can't do awsome dives every 30 seconds like Alexi or Dime to woo the crowd between songs.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
ahh look at how closely fought this is!
Quote by mr.happyman
i let it hang down baby, it aint natural to keep it pent up.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
86 votes, and less than 40 posts. UG'ers are just lazy
Quote by mr.happyman
Mine doesn't screw it, it just pops straight in... then dangles loosley.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
no posts recently?
Quote by mr.happyman
I change mine depending on the situation, if I know I'm only gonna use it once or twice I leave it to dangle and grab it when I need it

If I'm gonna rape every other note of a solo then I keep it tight so if it slips out of my fingers it doesn't go too far!
i have no choice. the trem bushings on my edge pro do but i actually like it fairly firm but swingable so i can still do flutter effect but just fling it away when not needed
Depends on the manufacturer. On Original Floyds I screw 'em down just enough so I can flick it out of the way when I don't need it, but not too loose either.

On Ibanez Edge (the older ones) it depends on how old/used the bushings on the arm are, but the arm usually falls away nicely and I just grab it when I need it.
Washburn Dime 333, Ibanez RG7620, LTD MH250NT w/ EMG 89x's
Modded Boss Metal Zone, Boss CE-5, DD-3, Intellifex
Jet City JCA2112RC, ADA MP-1 Preamp,
GK 400RB Bass head
Marshall and Ampeg 4x12 cabs
Quote by axe_2_grind
Depends on the manufacturer. On Original Floyds I screw 'em down just enough so I can flick it out of the way when I don't need it, but not too loose either.

On Ibanez Edge (the older ones) it depends on how old/used the bushings on the arm are, but the arm usually falls away nicely and I just grab it when I need it.
seems logical

from the results of the poll, i think we can draw the conclusion that theres no "correct" way to use your trem; it all just comes down to personal preference
Quote by mr.happyman
mines is usually dangling, but when i put the guitar i tighten it back up so it doesnt get mangled
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Mine kind of just snaps on so which option should I choose
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
i dont use mine, just gets in the way lol
Quote by TunerAddict
BEST PAINTJOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the sickest paint job in all of GB&C

Hawaiian Shirt Guy Of the Australia FTW! Club.
PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.
Australians only.

i keep it super loose so i can get it on songs i need to and keep it there cause im lazy for songs i dont
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
My guitar doesn't fit in its case if the bar is in, so I have to keep it loose or else I can't remove it easily.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
a floyd rose is just an excuse not to have to end a solo on a good note

you just dive bomb

"An Augmented Fourth, Or Diminished Fifth, Depending On Your Outlook On Life"

Page 1 of 2