So for the past few weeks i've noticed that my amp has been playing up... or i thought it was my amp.

I tried a different guitar, bought a new cable... still the same problem. The amp seemed really drony and as if it no oomph. So i opened up my guitar and fiddled about with the pick up cables then suddenly i was getting a good sound from my guitar.

The pick ups keep playing up though, they keep going back to the drony noise and i want them to start working properly again i have to give the back of the guitar a gentle whack.

Anyone know what it could? Obviously its the pick ups, but the cables don't look loose but i'm no expert. Like i said it just sounds really drony and once i give it a good whack i get the sound back.

Thanks.
I HAD THAT PROBLEM with a humbucker, it turned out that the earth wire was coming away from the cover , 10 min job to fix
Its a Les Paul, i'm not sure what you mean by single-coil or humbucker sorry if you could explain them i can probably take a look and tell you. Thanks.
Quote by scruftyboy
I HAD THAT PROBLEM with a humbucker, it turned out that the earth wire was coming away from the cover , 10 min job to fix

What did you do to fix it? Which one is the earth wire?
if it's a LP than you have to deal with humbuckers
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )