i love music all around but for the pass 6months i been stuck on only playing songs from one band ... is it just me or everyone goes thru this? and how you went pass it?

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
If you like that bands songs then try to listen to some of their influences.
Or just go you tube surfing and encounter new artists, theres alot of great music out there
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
ive been playing/learning ALOT of motorhead recently, but im loving it so i dont care if its all one band.
i think you will move on when you get bored playing those songs, or if your bored already just move onto a similar band but still different enough so you dont get fed up
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
I went through that too. Like the above post, just search around and experiment.

~Louis
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Haha I had the same thing happen to me when I bought Colors by Between the Buried and Me, all I did was play songs from that for months and months. I'm actually glad that happened though because it pretty much changed my perspective on songwriting and made me realize how awesome that band really is.
the thing is most of their song are oo dificult for my level of skills :S

If you're enjoying it, it's fine. If it's too tough, it's important you don't musically exhaust yourself by trying to play songs that are way out of your league, although it's alright to push yourself.

I go through similar phases with the music I listen to. For the last four months or so, all I've been listening to has been Gogol Bordello and Sublime, with some occasional Norah Jones.
Quote by Nagashiro
i love music all around but for the pass 6months i been stuck on only playing songs from one band ... is it just me or everyone goes thru this? and how you went pass it?

If your inspired by that 1 band.... go with it. There is nothing wrong with that. Just try to keep an open mind and listen to some other things as well.
shred is gaudy music
Just remember that you want to develop your own style with music, not someone else's. I got stuck on Led Zeppelin, Metallica, and Rush. All three of them at different times, and that was pretty much all that I played. As a result, I took things from all three as a guitarist (well, not so much Metallica...), as well as other influences that I was getting from my guitar teacher. Just try to take something from everything that you listen to.

But otherwise, it's fine to just play music from one band
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
I play all kinds fo stuff but sometimes i get into playing one band for months i think its normal. If you feel like its a problem try something different. I have a problem where i want to learn so much stuff i never finish entire songs. I try to learn to many songs at the same time instead of focusing on on perfecting it and then moving on. Im trying to just play 1 or 2 at a time now but its tuff lol.
Quote by /-\liceNChains
i want to learn so much stuff i never finish entire songs. I try to learn to many songs at the same time instead of focusing on on perfecting it and then moving on..

thats what is happening

theres nothing wrong with playing stuff from just one band,

it's probably just a phase your going through, it happens with most people

you'll probably grow out of it and take away a lot of stuff you learn from this band

one of the downsides is anything you try to write will end up sounding a lot like them

if you want to start playing some other stuff, play some stuff that you played before this current band