Hey, so I ordered the Tremol-no about a week ago, and it arrived yesterday! So, Got it installed and set up in about 15 mins. The question is, is it worth me buying the D-tuna also? Has anyone had experiance with them? Are they just gimicky?

Thanks a lot guys.

~Louis
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
IMO no. If you just leave in your guitar in FX bridge mode, you can change to any tuning you want, right?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
where do you get tremol-no's from?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
aznrockerdude : Yeah, but anything more than drop d and the tuning starts to slip, only by a tiny amount, but still.

Hoodoo Child : I got mine from allparts.com - it does say so on the tremol-no site.

Quote by JagerSlushy
Has anyone had experience with one of these?

Quote by JagerSlushy
Quote by superslash1994

Hoodoo Child : I got mine from allparts.com - it does say so on the tremol-no site.

i didnt think of that. thanks
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
No prob dude :p

Btw, I'd recomend it. It's very easy to install, (check out the youtube vid) and is very stable in drop D. Took me about 10 mins to install

Quote by JagerSlushy
the big problem with the d-tuna is that (a) it'll only work when the trem is in either dive-only or fixed mode and (b) unless you have a special route in your guitar, when it's not in use it'll severely limit up-pull, and may possibly mark your guitar's finish if you try to pull up too much...

EDIT: to expand on that: the d-tuna will work great if you're willing to use your trem in the same idiosyncratic way in which eddie did/does- tight against the guitar's top so you have no up-pull (ok, maybe idiosyncratic is too strong a word as plenty of people use them like that, but you know what i mean). unless you're willing to do a lot of faffing about though (or get a guitar custom-built with the d-tuna in mind, like e.g. that grollman reviewed in this month's guitar and bass magazine), it's not so good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 15, 2008,
Well, I don't pull up much, (ever!) And with the tremol,no, it does mount flush (If that's what you mean) But I dunno.. I want to get a finished strat body to finishe the 2-year-old strat project i have going.. Maybe next month on so.

Quote by JagerSlushy
well, if you never pull up at all, i don't see why the d-tuna wouldn't work with the trem in dive-only mode. but i could be wrong.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?