I was just thinking about a post I made, which stated that I haven't used my amp since about April, and I rarely, if ever use it, except for jamming and recording.

Now this leads me to a question, how do you believe I will develop with the guitar, will I develop my own tone easier, by just playing based on natural sounds, or do you think it's a possibility I will degenerate as a player because I am not experiencing my playing in it's entirety- kind of similar to how a person will develop better using a clean tone compared to a distorted tone.

I keep thinking about sometimes when I play certain things, on an amp they sound scratchy or bad, compared to playing unplugged, but I'm going to assume it has more of a bite and scratch based on the pickups

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1T9eMKxjiLc
like when I play the part right after the intro, that sounds all Egyptian and Middle Eastern, I get a scratch or like, my picking is amplified on my electric, but on acoustic it sounds fine
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Well it will help to use your amp, because you'll learn to compensate for open string noise and feedback. But on an acoustic, what you hear is what you hear, if that makes any sense.
Up the Punx!
hmm I think the experts on that may be more present in the electric guitar forum =p

I'm not sure I understand are you playing an acoustic guitar, or just your electric guitar without using your amp=p?
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Quote by Kroach
hmm I think the experts on that may be more present in the electric guitar forum =p

I'm not sure I understand are you playing an acoustic guitar, or just your electric guitar without using your amp=p?

An unplugged electric
Well i had a broken guitar for about 3 months, and i didn't play with an amp and it was much harder to get things clean.i say play on clean if you really want to make sure your not missing notes or anything of the sort.playing on distortion and clean are both challenging if you've been using one more than the other
Well I'm just wondering if this will help develop my tone or no?