Page 1 of 2
so you've all heard the saying, " i could care less about that." well, doesn't that mean you care about it? Shouldn't the saying be, " I couldn't care less?" Maybe I'm missing something. discuss.
its for lazy people who cant squeeze in the n't. its couldn't.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
I've never heard someone say that. But then, I'm British, and we're not overrun with idiots.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
It is "I couldn't care less".

Most people just say it wrong, or use it in the wrong context.

end thread.
I always though it's "I couldn't care less"..."I could care less" is wrong in that sense imo...so I agree with you
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
God, it bugs me when people say 'could' instead of 'couldn't'

But alas, tons of people say it.
Yes.

It's because we Americans are all stupid and don't know how to talk. Good thing we have you super intellegent Brits to tell us simpletons straight.

But now, I have to go back to the farm and milk some cows and gather up some eggs so ma can fry them on our there stove.

The.
Quote by None_More_Black
so you've all heard the saying, " i could care less about that." well, doesn't that mean you care about it? Shouldn't the saying be, " I couldn't care less?" Maybe I'm missing something. discuss.

I also made a thread awhile ago about this.

People are stupid -_-
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I've never heard someone say that. But then, I'm British, and we're not overrun with idiots.

That's a lie and you know it.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Has everyone forgotten sarcasm?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by figsandbobo

Don't undermine me

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by figsandbobo

+1
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
it's couldn't, but i may make room for could if it's sarcastic and gets the point across.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Go play bass or something.
OH WAIT!
YOU SUCK!

<3
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
I suppose you could say "I could care less" sarcastically and it'd have the same meaning as "I couldn't care less"
It's a stupid saying anyway, even worse is "I couldn't Care Less If I Tried" because if you try to care less then that must show you care enough to try, so by not trying you could care less I suppose.
yeah there are cases when phrases go wrong in english language... indeed people are stupid
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Yeah, just bad teeth. Lol
it is "i couldnt care less"
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Quote by figsandbobo

lolololol, ther are lots of idiots in this country.
damn you devildriver and your lack of accurate vocabulary in song titles
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by Woogles

Go play bass or something.
OH WAIT!
YOU SUCK!

<3

Wait, have you heard me play bass?

<3

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Wait, have you heard me play bass?

<3

No

Girls never upload any clips of them playing.

Will neither have I >.>
Quote by brandooon
I've recently played a Japanese video game (it was in English but it was pretty obvious that the dialogue was translated from Japanese) and it was blatantly written with 'could' every time a character said it.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Never been to Westminster, then?
Da-dum-TSCH!
Quote by Woogles
No

Girls never upload any clips of them playing.

Will neither have I >.>

I don't want anyone to know that I don't actually play an instrument. I come here to tease teenage boys.

<.<

-Matthew Arnold

I have honestly never even thought of saying "could" in any situation where I would use that.
Normally I say: "I couldn't give a flying f-ck" in that situation, which is unfortunately, literally impossible, as a f-ck cannot fly, or so has been proven by science and literature. It is also quite vulgar, as I am unfortunately influenced with bad and vile diction inside my mind. I would not doubt Americans to say that however, as they also say things such as: "You don't know nothing", which would imply that the person does, in fact, no something other than nothing, which is more than the person who is saying that knows.
Quote by EmancipatedSoul
I have honestly never even thought of saying "could" in any situation where I would use that.
Normally I say: "I couldn't give a flying f-ck" in that situation, which is unfortunately, literally impossible, as a f-ck cannot fly, or so has been proven by science and literature. It is also quite vulgar, as I am unfortunately influenced with bad and vile diction inside my mind. I would not doubt Americans to say that however, as they also say things such as: "You don't know nothing", which would imply that the person does, in fact, no something other than nothing, which is more than the person who is saying that knows.

Forgetting something? Oh, I'll get it for you, man.

Quote by EmancipatedSoul
/elitist rant

Quote by Dinkydaisy
I don't want anyone to know that I don't actually play an instrument. I come here to tease teenage boys.

<.<

Damn.
I should have known better.
Quote by brandooon
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Brilliant.
Exactly the same here.
Page 1 of 2