so my band is thinking about songs to do for next years talent show @ school. were into most metal/hard rock. thinking about doing bat country by a7x but our drummers not quite that good. last year we did pantera's walk (with solo). any song ideas for 14 year olds?
if u have a band, why not play an original song?
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
Soothsayer by buckethead.
Would get a hella lot of applause. It's pretty simple if you make the solo your own (the original one is pretty damn hard to nail) and improv it up. Have a bit of a Jam.
The drums are relatively simple, as is the bass, the guitar a BIT harder, but if goes well everyone can just unwind and kick out the jams.
metallica master of puppets ?XD
or maybe some other pantera song?
how about alaska by between the buried and me or if u cant play that do an atreyu song they are easy and ppl like it
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
fade to black...with the solo, that better have emotion in it, don't for get for use a wah pedal
Quote by selkies
how about alaska by between the buried and me or if u cant play that do an atreyu song they are easy and ppl like it

How many people actually like Atreyu, especially at a multi genre talent show.
Machine gun by jimmi hendrix.
Protest on war=instant winage.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Soothsayer by buckethead.
Would get a hella lot of applause. It's pretty simple if you make the solo your own (the original one is pretty damn hard to nail) and improv it up. Have a bit of a Jam.
The drums are relatively simple, as is the bass, the guitar a BIT harder, but if goes well everyone can just unwind and kick out the jams.

thats a definite no. the majority of people can't appreciate jamming, don't know how to listen to it, and flat out won't like it. if you're in this to win, play something that people will know and play it well.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229
thats a definite no. the majority of people can't appreciate jamming, don't know how to listen to it, and flat out won't like it. if you're in this to win, play something that people will know and play it well.

Not if you do it well.
If you're just mindlessly soloing then sure boring as. But if you sort of go off something which sounds part of the song, or a new song completely it can entertain.
It's not like it's a shredfest.

Though I know someone who's considering Aveneged Sevonfold wouldn't want to do Buckethead.
i did far beyond sun at mine, but if i were you i would jam and improvise. although i have never jammed with other musicians, and very afraid to because if you know me extremely well you would know that i have very gigantic ego. jamming seems fun if you get along well with other people.