Page 1 of 2
Hey pit, Im flying out to california from scotland (longest flight I will have EVER taken) In a three weeks to visit family and I was wondering if anyone knows any good places like to go visit while Im thier
Its in the San Jose/Hunnington beach area, so anyone know any good places ?
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Dont Go To California!!!!!!!!

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Dont Go To California!!!!!!!!

too late dude, got the tickets booked : /
last time I was in the US they made fun of my accent
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

Quote by loubot123
too late dude, got the tickets booked : /
last time I was in the US they made fun of my accent

In return, make fun of their government and economy!!!
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
they always make fun of my accent

=(
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by AA00P
California is win.

What sort of places?

places to shop/eat/hang out/landmarks etc....

I was there last year,in Huntington Beach
The seafood restaurants are Win cuz everything is very fresh
The locals are very nice aswell,plus learn to surf
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
Quote by andyd93

Aw, that's not nice!

But I suppose it's well deserved if it involved mockery of one's accent.
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
they always make fun of my accent

=(

hahah I have to talk suuuuuper slow when Im over there, glasgow accents=fast

You already have tickets? DAMN IT!!!

California is full of dickheads....trust me...I live there.....

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

If you're a fan of Martial Arts, UFC or just MMA in general, go visit the Paradise Warrior Retreat. That would be my main aim if I went there
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
If you're a fan of Martial Arts, UFC or just MMA in general, go visit the Paradise Warrior Retreat. That would be my main aim if I went there

I bruise like a peach : haha
I was thinking of going to a warped tour show but im not into any of the bands playing : /

When i was in California i spent the 3 weeks standing naked in the bath eating onions listening to Madonna's earlier works.
I'm from San Jose. Places to visit in a 50 mile radius:

1) San Jose - The Tech Museum (cool place)
2) Santa Clara - Great America (Amusement park - you'll get some mixed opinions on this place)
3) Santa Cruz - The Mystery Spot (gravity-related mindfuck)
4) San Francisco - The Golden Gate bridge, Downtown, Golden Gate Park, etc.
5) Berkeley - It can't be explained, you just have to go there.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
I'm from San Jose. Places to visit in a 50 mile radius:

1) San Jose - The Tech Museum (cool place)
2) Santa Clara - Great America (Amusement park - you'll get some mixed opinions on this place)
3) Santa Cruz - The Mystery Spot (gravity-related mindfuck)
4) San Francisco - The Golden Gate bridge, Downtown, Golden Gate Park, etc.
5) Berkeley - It can't be explained, you just have to go there.

thanks man !
i'll be sure to cheak out Great America, I love amusement parks and im kinda obbsessed with museums

Quote by loubot123
Hey pit, Im flying out to california from scotland (longest flight I will have EVER taken) In a three weeks to visit family and I was wondering if anyone knows any good places like to go visit while Im thier
Its in the San Jose/Hunnington beach area, so anyone know any good places ?

I live in Huntington Beach and its not close to San Jose. So if you're going to be in the Huntington Beach/Newport Beach area let me know.

How old are you? If you're over 21 I can show you some good bars.

If not just cruise to the beach go to Main Street in Huntington. A lot of restaurants and right on the beach.
Quote by KingsofSka
I live in Huntington Beach and its not close to San Jose. So if you're going to be in the Huntington Beach/Newport Beach area let me know.

How old are you? If you're over 21 I can show you some good bars.

If not just cruise to the beach go to Main Street in Huntington. A lot of restaurants and right on the beach.

Im on the verge of 18 so no drinky drink for me
Can you help me out with this though, Ive heard so many people talk about the "secret spot" in hunnington beach so can you tell me what the hell it is haha and if its worth going to ?

Quote by andyd93

and in return we will make fun of how stable and steady your goverment and economy is!

Quote by paintITblack39
In-N-Out burger.

dude, I was looking up restaurants in california and theres a "University of chicken" im intreguied.....

Huntington Beach is a long ways away from San Jose by the way.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/san+jose+ca/huntington+beach+ca/

Quote by loubot123
dude, I was looking up restaurants in california and theres a "University of chicken" im intreguied.....

There are two University Chicken places - one in San Jose and one in Santa Clara. They're good.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
The closest beach to San Jose is Santa Cruz and Monterrey. There's "The Boardwalk" at Santa Cruz, another amusement-park kind of place, right next to the beach.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
go to the balboa peninsula great beach, and then while there seek out Pete's Pizza it is amazing
This is true. Which is why I asked where exactly you are going. San Jose is like central California and Huntington Beach is Southern California. Hours away.

You're closer to LA than Orange County if you're going to San Jose. And if it is San Jose you're going to I encourage you to go to Los Angeles and experience that.

EDIT: 2nd post

Don't be caught in Hot Topic if you want to look cool man.

But then again you're a tourist so its okay.

EDIT: 3rd post because people deleted their posts making me triple post

Quote by Bonesaw
go to the balboa peninsula great beach, and then while there seek out Pete's Pizza it is amazing

Where you from? I'm right next to the peninsula.
Last edited by KingsofSka at Jun 14, 2008,
Quote by KingsofSka
Don't be caught in Hot Topic if you want to look cool man.

But then again you're a tourist so its okay.

haha I wasnt all that sure about what it was, like if it was like our alternative clothes shops or if it was like a mall goth type place : /

thanks for your advice man, yeah LA is defiantly on my list of places to go

Quote by daeqwon10000
and in return we will make fun of how stable and steady your goverment and economy is!

haha
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by KingsofSka
Do you plan on coming to Orange County? Thats where Huntington Beach is..

yeah
Initially im staying in San Jose but were going to be taking alot of trips so anywhere in cali is an option I guess
Oh yeh i dunno if anyone saw that I already asked but whats the "secret spot" in hunnington beach, I keep hearing about it : /

Whereabouts in San Jose are you going to be at? I can recommend local spots that you can go to if you are bored.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I don't know about a secret spot in Huntington Beach. I think someone made that up because no one calls anything a secret spot here. I guess no spot is secret for us.

If you come to Huntington Beach you should come drink a 40oz with me.
Quote by darkstar2466
Whereabouts in San Jose are you going to be at? I can recommend local spots that you can go to if you are bored.

I couldnt tell ya im staying with my aunt whos picking me up
shes staying in san jose right now but I spoke to her on the phone yesterday and she said thier moving into thier new house in a week so I wonder if thier new house in the OC and thats why the keep mentioning san joes along with hunnington

Quote by GrEgUms1991
When i was in California i spent the 3 weeks standing naked in the bath eating onions listening to Madonna's earlier works.

I'm going out to visit LA in august and this is what i plan on doing with most of my time!
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by loubot123
Ahh thanks man

No worries Might actually book a holiday to Huntington Beach myself, that restaurant sounds ****ing tasty
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
No worries Might actually book a holiday to Huntington Beach myself, that restaurant sounds ****ing tasty

Im quite the restaurant enthusiast myself
I can just see myself not being able to fit in the plane seat on the way home on the count of all the food places I wanna visit

Page 1 of 2