I use it,but only when i just learned a song and need to hear what it sounds like pulgged in. Usually i walk around my house playing my sg,and since my computer is in my basement i cant bring the amp down here,so i never use it to learn songs.Is it bad if i say i only play plugged in maybe 9 times a month?i wish i had a band but i dont(for now)
meh
Why can't you bring your amp into the basement? And what kind of amp is it?
If your using an electric guitar, it's best to play plugged in so that you can tell how clean your playing is, especially if your playing with distortion.
Quote by Sadistic sponge
If your using an electric guitar, it's best to play plugged in so that you can tell how clean your playing is, especially if your playing with distortion.

No, you play on clean to see how good you are doing!

But I'm sure the amp wouldn't be too heavy to take downstairs...

If it is, get someone else to carry it!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
No, you play on clean to see how good you are doing!
Distortion usually brings out your mistakes better than a clean tone.
Ya dude I think you should get an amp to play with.. maybe a small portable one
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Quote by guhtar
Distortion usually brings out your mistakes better than a clean tone.

good distortion does, yeah.
Spiders are fine for practice use, plus something is better than nothing. If you never play with an amp, you're going to sound terrible if you ever jam with someone else/ a band, because you're going to have notes ringing out all over the place that before you didn't have to mute.

Personally, I don't play with an amp all that often, but I do on a occasion just to make sure that I'm keeping my technique clean.