I started working at Best Buy really about two weeks ago. I was put on the staff as a cashier which actually isn't too bad of a job, I am content . Our main job is to sell Product Replacement Plans and Product Service Plans. Basically, we try to persuade customers into buying these plans which boosts Best Buy's profit a bit. Yesterday I was just dominating with my PRPs and had sold over $300 worth when our goal was $150. What I didn't know is that I was tracking them wrong so I really did only sell about $150 (which I didn't know until I get home).

My brother works there as well and has been for about 5 years. I was just very friendly and jokingly bragging about how good I was doing at selling these PRPs tonight. I was just kind of joking around with 4 or 5 people about how I was just owning them. I really am not cocky, I just thought everyone knew I was just joking. Apparently, someone said to my brother that I was being a real ass. Now I am really upset with myself because I thought everyone knew I was joking and because since I am so new, I should have been more serious. So my question to you is this, would you guys see the joke in this? Like for example, I was talking to an employee there and I just said something like "yea dude, you doing anything right now? you can count my PRPs and see how awesome I am doing!". I just hope he knew I was joking

As you can see, I just kind of don't want people to get the wrong idea about me. Is there anyway to fix this?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I hate cocky pricks.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
People are stupid. Especially people with unibrows.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Shut up you cocky prick.

i love you really
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
go and casually apologize and explain the situation to whoever complained, then just leave it at that and joke around a little less. if people still have a problem, then it is entirely their fault.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
i know lots of people who would hate you just for joking, but they are all very bitter people to begin with.
haha, i should have expected to get about 10% in serious answers on here
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Just go up to them straight and tell them that you were joking, and that you intended no harm. If they say anything negative towards you after that such as: "Oh, because I thought you were a real prick", or something of the sort, just tell them that you apologize.
Please everybody to regain absents, is the best way to go.

I know how you feel. This girl I work with is American, and countless times have I been joking around and she thought I was series... She's the manager's girlfriend
Last edited by EmancipatedSoul at Jun 14, 2008,
i hate pricky cocks more.
oops did that come out wrong?
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Dude this happens to me all the time. Just don't pay attention to what they say and explain the situation to your brother.
Everyone thinks I'm a cocky prick.

There's only one real solution, you have to actually become a cocky prick so you can live up to what is now expected of you.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by slayer_zero
i hate pricky cocks more.
oops did that come out wrong?

You made me nearly choke
"You do know I was joking about the PRPs the other night right?"

Set it straight with your brother too.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.