In a couple of months, I'm getting a Strat, my favourite guitar, hurrah! But, I want to get, ahem, 'more bang for my buck'. I've got £400 to spend, so I might get the Classic 50s Strat (MIM, of course).

I would be playing some early Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Tommy Bolin, Led Zeppelin and UFO type stuff, well, most 70s classic rock. Would this guitar cut it, or would it be too early 50s, if ya get me..

Thanks!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I have a Fender 60's strat which is also MIM and it is fantastic. To me it plays and sounds better than alot of the made in USA strats. If you love it then go for it.
Quote by buzzzxx
I have a Fender 60's strat which is also MIM and it is fantastic. To me it plays and sounds better than alot of the made in USA strats. If you love it then go for it.

I do love it, but I'm worried about the tone..

I guess if I don't like the tone, I can just save up for some decent pups for it!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
What kind of pickup for MIM Classic 50's? Is it 57 Fender Vintage or 50's fat pickup?
Fender is the finest guitar ever made
Quote by becco
What kind of pickup for MIM Classic 50's? Is it 57 Fender Vintage or 50's fat pickup?

I'm now gonna get the Classic Player model, so it's American Vintage pups, if that's what you mean.
Cam Sampbell's my hero