you have made up a really lush riff that you have just been playing all ****ing day, then you take a break for an hour and you forget the dam rhythm...i wish i had recording stuff im so annoyed cause i wrote this really nice piano piece to this bass line i made up the other week and grrr its just completely gone.

does this ever happen to you?
All the time. I come up with a great riff and forget how it goes.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Hell yes, I had an awesome little riff called bert once. He died. In my mind.

But seriously, most of the time my bands riffs are down to the lead guitarist, because he writes awesome thrashy stuff and no-one can ever get their heads around mine.
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
Yes it has happend to me, and its very frustrating.

But since i got logic 8 and some other shizz its down on a track instantly.
i hate it when that happens! however, I do have some recording equipment. but it always seems to happen when I'm not home...
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
YES!!!!!!

I always think of these amazing riffs that I fall in love with.....and then I forget them because I'm not at home when I write them

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Even Jesus had this problem. It happens to everyone
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
if i have a melody that i can't document i will call my cell phone and sing the melody to my voicemail.

try that.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
i cant write riffs
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
i normally write it down, then if i have forgot the rythem will pick it up quickly
yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
that happens to me a lot, so i usually just write down a quick tab for it so i can hopefully remember how it goes...
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
i wrote down a tab for it, but it had a really odd rhythm which is what i cant remember
ive done sumthin similar, i came up with this decent riff, first time i had done, i was like, i gotta write this down!!! as soon as i sat down afterwoulds i had forgotten the riff, everything that came up after was just crap
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by shreder666
I once played the greatest song in the world, but I forgot it...

+1 to anyone who finds were I got that from ^

Tribute?
yea, it happens. i just resolve to believe that if a riff is really good, then i'll remember it.

but that's really just to make myself feel better.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
I often forget riffs but once I pick up my guitar it comes back to me straight away
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Thats why I record myself when I'm just messing around, in the past I used to forget riffs, melodies etc all the time.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
i wrote a awesome solo once. The next day at band practice, i tried to show it to them but i could only remember the first note
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
i wrote a awesome solo once. The next day at band practice, i tried to show it to them but i could only remember the first note

Imagining the look on your face when you did that is priceless.
sometimes ill come up with kick ass riffs in my head but i never can transfer it from my mind to the guitar..its like i hear the riff in my head but i try to play it an i cant think of what chords to play
It used to happen to sometimes. Usually I have no problem remembering riffs, but sometimes it just happened unfortunately.
Now I just use Guitar Pro when I write a nice piece. Then I don't have any problem. And if I am not anywhere with close access to Guitar Pro, then I play it and record it on my phone.
Simple, and effective.