hey folks, is it possible to modify a solid state amp into a tube amp? im very curious
i asked my teacher the exact same thign and he said no but i think a young and inventive mind could crack it, dude find the answer, read up and learn about solid state and tube amps and then find a loop hole then exploit it and share this with a amp tech and try it out, you totally could be on to something
Quote by VORTEX3333
i asked my teacher the exact same thign and he said no but i think a young and inventive mind could crack it, dude find the answer, read up and learn about solid state and tube amps and then find a loop hole then exploit it and share this with a amp tech and try it out, you totally could be on to something

... Um, its not that fundamentally difficult. Just take out all of the solid state parts and put in tube parts. Basically, build a new amp.

The link DarkArbiter posted will get you close. A tube pre-amp into the power section of your SS will give you a hybrid, which will be almost as effective as an all tube (depending on your genre, more or less). I love my Laney hybrid.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model