I've had my Line 6 Spider 3 75 watt amp for about 5 months now, and recently its been acting up. First thing i noticed is it's not turning on right away, when i turn it on the screen lights up and just has some black bars in it (like the cursor bars when typing into it) and it stays like that for 5 or 6 seconds, and then it goes to normal, but then i noticed also that the tuner is also messing up. I went to see if i was in tune, and it said i was wayy off (like it was saying a C was an Eb) so i plugged my guitar into my other tuner , and it said i was fine. Anyone know why this is happening?
its a spider, have you tried resetting it? you have to hold on to one of the buttons when u switch it on, i cant remember which one - ive never had to do it with mine - but its in the manual

if its not that either get it repaired or get something better
i'd go to line 6 forums like meatball said... also for the tuner sometimes it can go whacky if your patch/instrument cord got damaged, so you could try using a new cord to see if that helps the tuner issue... but most likely it seems that the amp is the issue.
Spiders have alot of strange gremlins issues like this after few months of use. Cant see how a cable would make a tuner read the wrong note. Sounds like its time for a new amp.
make sure ur vol knobs on the guitar are up full and urm maybe try diff cable
Quote by rancidryan
try plugging it into your computer via ethernet and see if it speaks to you?

hahaha.

i'm surprised the group of angry flamers haven't arrived yet...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
That's a spider for you. Only thing I can suggest is trying to return it for a real amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
mine is broken like that, but i can still get it to work. turn it on let it sit for 5 seconds then turn it off and turn it back on very slowly . like it has to click with the switch. it sounds weird but it might qwork
Could be blessing to not use it anymore and sell it.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by B.L.I.N.K INC
mine is broken like that, but i can still get it to work. turn it on let it sit for 5 seconds then turn it off and turn it back on very slowly . like it has to click with the switch. it sounds weird but it might qwork

Try up, up, down, down, b, a, b, a. Nah j/k. Sounds like an old Nintendo trick, when the system is old and dusty, you blow in the cartridge and restart.

Anyhow, check out http://line6.com/support//kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=117 , they have Line 6 techs answering questions. I've seen people ask that one before, but they seem to have emptied their archives. I'm pretty sure the reset works. You'll lose whatever settings you have as far as channels. I know because I had to reset my last amp more then once...