hey there, i want to buy the engl fireball with the e212vh cab, I dont have a band atm so I play alone at home everyday (maybe I'll have a band in the future I dont know -would be cool). I'm afraid it will destroy my house if I turn up the volume just a little bit? :S or is it still ok to practice at home with a cool sound? :q

someone has this head/cab and can tell me about his experience with it?

i've been considering getting the Bugera 6262-212, which prolly would be more suited for playing at home, but my main concern is that if I buy the Bugera then I'll buy the ENGL aswell at some point in the future, just cause its a better amp, and I want the best!

so: buy the Bugera for home and if I have to gig in the future then get the ENGL or something similar? or is it the ENGL ok to play at home aswell?

It'll sound fine if you turn it down but you will not be able to crank it in the house.

The Bugera will be just as loud so get the ENGL if you can.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You're aware that the Bugera is 120w tube, right?
Home practice is not what it's meant for.
Conceivable to pull two power tubes and have it at 60w, that might be tolerable.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
You're aware that the Bugera is 120w tube, right?
Home practice is not what it's meant for.
Conceivable to pull two power tubes and have it at 60w, that might be tolerable.

Even if you pull 2 tubes it wouldn't effect the volume enough to make any difference at all, you'll just have less clean headroom. 60w tube is still waaaay too loud to crank for just home use.

I still say go with the ENGL.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
thx for the info

now I just hope that I dont get drunk at home someday and turn up the volume to the max!!! lol I already did it a couple of times and the cops had to come home :q

dont drink and jam!
The Engl sounds fine/pretty d@mn good actually at low volumes also its only 60 watts and does break up pretty early so you wont really have to crank it to get a really nice tone out of it. So its perfectly fine for home use. I have 2 100 watt amps and a 120 myself and use them strictly for home practice and it works out fine.

Now that said if you need full on power tube saturation then yes wattage matters. But for most its not really a big deal, especially if your playing metal most of the time your gonna want a pretty high wattage amp to keep the amp from overdriving the power tubes so you can keep things tight and none creamy.

So don't make a decision so quickly... We really need to know what type of music you play, looking at the amps you choose im pretty sure its metal but so were not making assumptions post up or send me a message ill be glad to give you some options based on what you play.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
So don't make a decision so quickly... We really need to know what type of music you play, looking at the amps you choose im pretty sure its metal but so were not making assumptions post up or send me a message ill be glad to give you some options based on what you play.

thx for replying,

yes I play metal, I like to play stuff from Iron Maiden to Slayer, thrash metal is my favourite genre tho.
Then try the 5150.
5150 > Fireball imo
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Then try the 5150.
5150 > Fireball imo
In your opinion, i'd take a fireball over a 5150 any day of the week.

Also that Bugera combo looks a hideously bad design, I challenge you to lift that using the measly handle on the top.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
In your opinion, i'd take a fireball over a 5150 any day of the week.

Also that Bugera combo looks a hideously bad design, I challenge you to lift that using the measly handle on the top.

Lifting it would be easy.

The handle would just break off after around 3 seconds, that's all.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by MrCarrot

...I can lift it.

...no, I don't really like lifting it tho

Where do you live? If you live in the countryside or something, I don't think you'll have problems, but if you live in an apartment with thin walls and annoying neighbours, it might not be such a good idea.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
Where do you live? If you live in the countryside or something, I don't think you'll have problems, but if you live in an apartment with thin walls and annoying neighbours, it might not be such a good idea.

Quote by Gacel
now I just hope that I dont get drunk at home someday and turn up the volume to the max!!! lol I already did it a couple of times and the cops had to come home :q

dont drink and jam!

does that answer your question? no countryside here
Well, volume at max might bother neighbours even if you don't live in an apartment
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.