So i have a song on guitar pro i need converted into wav, and i tried using the File < Export < Wav feature, but it always ends up as a blank file... Help anybody?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
I had this problem... and I can't remember how I fixed it. >:/

Open up your computer master volume controls, and turn em all to max (especially SW Synth or something like that)

And, after pushing record, you have to play the tab, start to finish, as though it were recording live music - you can't just export it as is.
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
I was having trouble with the WAV export and when I was changing the name of the file the .wav was missing so it wouldnt play.
All you have to do is plug a wire in from the speaker plug to the microphone plug. Simple as that. It's recording a blank file because it's trying to use the microphone.
Quote by Wednesday Bass
All you have to do is plug a wire in from the speaker plug to the microphone plug. Simple as that. It's recording a blank file because it's trying to use the microphone.

That would work. Or if you could set the recording input to "Stereo mix" (you can on some computers, depends on the sound card I guess) you could just play the tab and use some other program to record. I get a blank file from GP too, but if I import it as a midi to FL Studio, and use some plugin to change some port to 0 instead of 1, I can export the midi just fine. Weird.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Wednesday Bass

So basically i just put my speaker's plug into the microphone slot?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Guitar pro 5. And also, Wednesday Bass, your thing didn't work
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
...did you plug your speakers into the microphone hole?

Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by timi_hendrix
Open up Audacity, set the input to Stereo Mix and then press record and play your guitar pro file.

That won't work if you have a crappy soundcard, tho. At least I think it's soundcard related.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama
That won't work if you have a crappy soundcard, tho. At least I think it's soundcard related.

Yeah, i have a crappy sound card and it doesn't give me a 'stereo mix' option.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
If you have a spare audio cable with male plugs at both ends, you can use it to link the microphone input and the speaker output. That should work, I think.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama
If you have a spare audio cable with male plugs at both ends, you can use it to link the microphone input and the speaker output. That should work, I think.

Hmm, well that sounds quite logical. I'll check it out, thanks!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
if you can cope without RSE you can export it as MIDI and use that or convert the MIDI to Wav too
Quote by bluezombie
Hmm, well that sounds quite logical. I'll check it out, thanks!

...that's what Wednesday Bass told you to do.
Quote by Lunchbox362
My computer doesnt have any sort of sound card except whats on board the mother board and dont have any trouble recording into a WAV file. I just click on export - WAV it asks to make sure its set to line in and then record no problems. My microBR doesnt like WAV so I have to convert to mp3.
Quote by voxnovic1
 the best advice is the one that works
.just dont change the name of the file
worked like a gem

This thread is 9 years old. OP has probably figured it out by now. 
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.