Football
167 55%
Depends on who I'm speaking to
37 12%
A Waste Of Time
21 7%
Voters: 305.
Page 1 of 4
So UG, what do you call the sport? I know in America we call it Soccer, cuz we have our football (which is so much more entertaining), and you guys call soccer, football

What do you call it (besides a waste of time)?
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
i call it crap (football is boring IMO)
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
If I'm talking to someone who will know what I mean, I say football. Otherwise, I call it soccer.
i call it Fußball
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

I call it football. You kick the ball around with your feet. I makes sense.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Or 'fodbold' in Danish.
Voetbal when I'm in Belgium... But since I live in Austria I suppose I call it Fußball.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
football, stop being american,

we invented it, called it football, therefore, so must you
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Vampire 255
i call it crap (football is boring IMO)

You're fat right?

It's called football.
It's football. Because, you play with your feet... But here, bunch of moronic imbeciles (who don't give a **** about footbal except as an excuse to booze up when there's championships) will all think AMERICAN football if I call it that. So, soccer.
Quote by Dog
You must be able to tremolo pick like a mad man.

Quote by RinestoneCowboy
How the **** do you jerk off?

Oh yeah: I'm a French-Canadian so excuse my English .
Sorry but how can u call a game that involves feet once, at the end of every successful phase, Football eludes me?

's just ****ing retarded, call it handball (gay) or throwball (gayer) or some **** like that, but just retarded to call it FOOTball....
Quote by thedudemeister
football, stop being american,

we invented it, called it football, therefore, so must you

we brits also invented the term 'soccer'
Quote by Abe Knuckleball

hmmmm, did we? but only yanks seem to use it, they call their abomination football
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Either football or ****e, because I hate it.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Quote by Abe Knuckleball

true: The word is sometimes credited to Charles Wreford Brown, an Oxford student
I call it soccer, because I'm an American.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I call it football.

I hate to imagine walking into an English pub during a game night and saying "lets watch some soccer"
Quote by Womage
I call it football.

I hate to imagine walking into an English pub during a game night and saying "lets watch some soccer"

= death...fact
Quote by Minkaro
Football. Because that's what it is.

I'm going for the "it was here first " argument.

Yeah, so am I. Also why do Americans call their bastardised version of Rugby football, yet the ball is predominately moved around the pitch by hand? They need a new and logical name from the game, like PussyBall or BodyarmouredBall.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by thedudemeister
hmmmm, did we? but only yanks seem to use it, they call their abomination football

soccer was a slang term for Association Football. Mind you that was back in the time when Rubgy was called Rugby Football
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
In sweden we say fotboll. So I say football(when I talk english).

But I guess that if someone started the conversation by saying soccer(not football), I would continue the conversation saying soccer. So it depends.
Quote by wiggy1988
soccer was a slang term for Association Football. Mind you that was back in the time when Rubgy was called Rugby Football

ah, ok fair enough, i just hate the yanks mis labbeling there ****e sport as football, when the ball is only kicked for field goals and for the start of a game
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by wiggy1988

Is that because Web Ellis was playing football when he invented Rugby?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by grille
In sweden we say fotboll. So I say football(when I talk english).

But I guess that if someone started the conversation by saying soccer(not football), I would continue the conversation saying soccer. So it depends.

Svensk fotboll suger så man skäms ju.
Zlatan är dock rätt kunglig nu.

I say football or maybe futbol since it's just awesome to say.
For you people who actually make fun of football... sorry, American football... no living person today made the sport. There's no reason to rip on normal people just because a game exists in our country that you happen to not like.

And besides, we can call it whatever we'd like. It's not like soccer is the only thing that we call different from something that you do, but we don't hear brits whining about them, do we?
Quote by Msu_Man04
For you people who actually make fun of football... sorry, American football... no living person today made the sport. There's no reason to rip on normal people just because a game exists in our country that you happen to not like.

And besides, we can call it whatever we'd like. It's not like soccer is the only thing that we call different from something that you do, but we don't hear brits whining about them, do we?

Sorry but what?
TBH i really like watching American (foot)ball so i take bck any **** i talked bout it, but come up with a better name, pleeeeeeaase!
Quote by Msu_Man04

its just that its a blatant "rip off" of our sports, is there actually a fully american sport which hasnt stolen ideas from other sports? im just curious
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
American Football would be watchable if it didn't take so damn long, I'm not talking about clock stopping and that but the ad breaks are unbelievable. It's hard to get excited and passionate when there's no flow, although I guess Americans don't really know much about passion for sports.

I didn't even read the thread, thought it was which do you prefer...
Quote by freddaahh
Also why do Americans call their bastardised version of Rugby football, yet the ball is predominately moved around the pitch by hand? They need a new and logical name from the game, like PussyBall or BodyarmouredBall.

OMG you are so right. They call if football but they use thier hands oh loolloloolol!!1!!
how has nobody said that one before. you are so witty.
Did i eat too many?
did I jump in too fast?
how long's this shit last?
Everyone take off ya mask, I lost my grasp

Like weeds?
Quote by Novacane...
American Football would be watchable if it didn't take so damn long, I'm not talking about clock stopping and that but the ad breaks are unbelievable. It's hard to get excited and passionate when there's no flow, although I guess Americans don't really know much about passion for sports.

I didn't even read the thread, thought it was which do you prefer...

also, isnt each period like 4 mins?
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
also, isnt each period like 4 mins?

15 mins. Not quite

Although they milk the actual breaks in the game. A change of possession should last 20/30 secs but they take a 1 min and a half break, then there's a punt, another break and then finally the other team has the ball. Ridiculous, ads have ruined quite an enjoyable sport and I don't how they get away with it.
Quote by Novacane...
15 mins. Not quite

Although they milk the actual breaks in the game. A change of possession should last 20/30 secs but they take a 1 min and a half break, then there's a punt, another break and then finally the other team has the ball. Ridiculous, ads have ruined quite an enjoyable sport and I don't how they get away with it.

ah, ive been playing madden with my friend and each period is 4 mins, but that could be for the game
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Page 1 of 4