I'm in the market for a multi-effects pedal (or something of the sort), and I was hoping somebody could answer a few (probably relatively stupid) questions I have.

Is the POD 2.0 a smart option for multi-effects used in performance? I will predominantly use this for home recording (I don't do much... call it a side-hobby), and if I understand correctly, this is a great option that gives good quality sound for not much $$. Would I be able to use it in performance with relative ease? I play for my church, so I'm usually not involved with extensive use.

I was debating getting a single distortion pedal, but the more I think about it, the more I'd like to have access to more FX.

So what do you think? Is this a piece of equipment worth investing in?
I had one and it was ok. If you're doing low budget home recording or playing in a church it will work fine.
I would always recommend the XT or even X3 version. But if you not having the cash, try Pocket POD with a power supply unit. It has more feature than 2.0
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
I would always recommend the XT or even X3 version. But if you not having the cash, try Pocket POD with a power supply unit. It has more feature than 2.0

Really? Is this the general consensus regarding these two products (pocket is better than 2.0)? I don't know a ton about the POD line...

Yeah, I would like to have the XT, but that's substantially more than the 2.0/pocket. Would it be worth spending the extra $$?

I just did a little poking around on ebay, and it looks like I might be able to get a used XT for under $200 (probably less). What would you pay for a used XT?
Last edited by compulsiveguile at Jun 14, 2008,
Okay... throwing something else into the mix.

What's the reputation of the Zoom G2.1u? Am I allowed to compare any of the PODs to the G2.1u?
Quote by compulsiveguile
Okay... throwing something else into the mix.

What's the reputation of the Zoom G2.1u? Am I allowed to compare any of the PODs to the G2.1u?

uh, go for a POD instead. if you were to get a POD, get the XT, or X3, they offer a lottt more than the 2.0, Pocket Pod and G2.1u.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by hminh87

I agree. I used to own an XT, and it was great. The good thing about PODs is that if it has a USB interface, you can browse Line6's huge library of settings, so you can easily find settings for specific artists, and even specific songs. Then, when you load the tone file using Line6's program, it will set all the settings on the POD for you.
boss gt series.
or if you can still find a vox tonelab it destroys the pod.
Well, I took (some of) your advice, and I purchased a PODxt. I got it for a little under $200 used on ebay (let's hope it doesn't crap out on me).

The main thing(s) that influenced my purchase (sticking with POD opposed to going elsewhere) was the seemingly simple interface and reputation of Line 6. I'm most likely going to mainly record at home (again, a side hobby), so the POD seemed to be the way to go. I'm all about computers, and this seemed to offer the tech features and a good deal of flexability in that aspect.

I had trouble deciding between the POD pocket and POD 2.0, so I figured why not solve that problem by going with the xt?

Side note, I also purchased the fbv-2 foot switch to go along with it.

My PODxt should come in this week, and I honestly can't wait... Thanks for all the input!